Chapter 6

Ares Simon's POV:

I sat in my car, tapping a finger on the steering wheel as I kept my eyes fixed on the entrance of the building.

Yesterday's call from Aubrey had fueled my suspicion towards Elysia's presence in my office and her true intentions for taking the job. Not to mention, it had strengthened my determination to expose her and reveal her supposed true colors to Maron so that stupid idiot would stop favoring her.

Now was the time to implement my plan and set a trap for her, but for that, I needed to witness her actions in front of me. As far as my information went, she had quite a list of bad habits, so it wouldn't be difficult to entangle her in the trap.

I waited in my car for about an hour until I caught a glimpse of her walking down the road, heading towards the building, just as the clock struck 7:00 A.M. Did she walk all the way to the office from the bus station? Why didn't she have a proper vehicle or take a taxi? It was quite early, and the empty streets posed a danger for her to be walking alone. I don't know why, but the thought of her walking alone all the way to the office bothered me quite more than I cared to admit.

What the heck am I thinking?

Who cares how she comes to the office? It isn't my concern anyway. Brushing my absurd thought away, I focused on her every move.

She seemed to be lost in her thoughts. I stared at her face for a moment; her face glowed in the gentle sunlight and her golden eyes reflected, giving her a intriguing and fascinating aura.

It was always like that; Elysia had something in her that made people curious about her. Whether it was her personality or something else, but she had a mysterious aura around her which always disturbed my thoughts. Be it in the past or present, but her thoughts bothered me and intrigued me at the same time.

How could someone who look so innocent by face, be deceitful and cunning from the inside?

As she entered the building, I got out of my car and decided to follow her. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't even notice my presence a few meters behind her.

When she entered the elevator, I abandoned my initial plan of taking the private elevator and quickly made my way to her, stopping the elevator doors from closing. As she finally noticed me standing outside, her eyes grew wide and her breathing seemed to still. She seemed like a hiding kitten caught by its owner.

Ignoring her reaction, I silently stepped into the elevator, standing beside her as the doors closed. I subconsciously raised my guard around her and my reflexes hightened automatically.

It wasn't just because I didn't trust her, but it was also an old habit of mine, whenever she was around.

Elysia Lawson, had a peculiar talent for finding trouble, even with a silliest circumstances or things around. If there was a spilled liquid; be it water, coffee, juice, etc, Elysia would be found next to it. If there was a broken chair, cupboards, or broken handles, Elysia would be holding the other broken half of it. In short, wherever there was a mess, you could bet that Elysia Lawson would undoubtedly be present on the crime scene, somehow involved.

Subconsciously, I turned my face just a little to watch her through the corner of my eyes, as she was fidgeting with her clothes; a habit I assume, whenever she was anxious. Suddenly, she turned her face slightly, attempting to discreetly look at me, I suppose, which she failed miserably as her eyes widened like saucers meeting mine, catching me watching her.

When generally, I should be the one flustered, to be caught staring at her, but of course, it's Elysia Lawson who thinks the opposite as usual. She immediately tried to walk out of the elevator as the door opened.