Chapter 50

Ares Simon's POV:

I lay on my bed, head resting on one arm, phone in hand, staring at the blank message screen.

"How should I say it?" I mumbled, chewing on my lip. Typing "sorry for my today's behavior" to Elysia's message, I hesitated before clearing the text.

Too lame...

I need to craft a proper apology. Clearing the text, I began typing, "To Elysia Lawson, as the head of Knight Group, I apologize for my earlier behavior today. I had to leave due to a personal emergency, disrupting our important conversation. I admit my mistake and seek your forgiveness for my abrupt departure and my harsh words years ago. If you could find it in your heart to forgive me, I would like us to discuss this further. Looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Ares Simon Knight."

Reviewing my apology, I sat up, legs crossed, placing the phone on the bed.

Why does it sound weird in reading?

Did I skip anything?

"Why is it so hard to apologize?" I huffed, running my hands through my messy hair. It was easier in school, but my mistake was too severe now.

No matter how many times I read it, it didn't sound right. Maybe I should try something else?

Should I ask Maron?

Nah, he's an idiot!

Heaving a defeated sigh, I tossed the phone aside, lying in bed with a pillow on my face, deciding to talk to her tomorrow in the office.

Bing!

My eyes widened at the sound, causing me to throw the pillow and grab my phone hastily.

Text Message Delivered.

"NO!!!" I exclaimed, appalled, staring at the screen, mouth agape. "No, no, no, f*ck! How did it send?"

Instinctively, various curses reverberated from my mouth, desperately trying to delete or unsend the message somehow, but in vain. "What f*cking company? Totally useless! I'm gonna sue them for sending messages so fast..."

The phone slipped from my hand, falling on the bed. Left with no choice, I sat with my head between my hands, waiting for her reply, damn sure that sleep was impossible until she answered my text.

After a couple of minutes, my phone rang, and I instantly checked it, heaving a silent sigh when it was not her.

I picked up the call after checking the person calling. "Good Evening, Mr. Knight!" A professional voice came through the earpiece.

"Evening, Dr. Finn, how's it going?" I asked, leaning against the headrest.

"It's done! Mrs. Lawson's surgery could be scheduled in the next two weeks. I have informed Miss Lawson about everything," he informed.

"Did she...doubt anything?" I asked, subconsciously biting the insides of my cheek.

"No, she didn't!" he responded. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding when Dr. Finn continued, "But I can't say the same about her sister."

"Sister?" I inquired, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes, Miss Esme. She was quiet but didn't seem convinced," he answered.

Ah, Ronald did say something about Elysia living with Esme Vasquez.

"Did you keep my records anonymous?" I queried further.

I don't know much about Esme, but she probably is the one that Elysia always talks to. They used to be close in school as well.

"Yes, I kept the sources anonymous, Mr. Knight!" he responded from the other end.