Chapter 30

Past - 13

Third Party's POV:

"WOW," Elysia exclaimed in awe as she gazed at the massive entrance to the amusement park.

"Do you like it?" Sven asked, dismounting his bike and observing Elysia's wide-eyed excitement as she took in her surroundings.

Elysia responded with an enthusiastic nod, and her excitement brought a chuckle from Sven. He had spent the previous day researching places to take her, and seeing her joy now made it all worthwhile.

Surprisingly, it was a weekday, and there were relatively few people around, much to Elysia's relief. She waited patiently as Sven joined her, and together, they entered the amusement park.

"Oh, oh, look, look," Elysia nudged Sven and pointed towards the rollercoaster, her eyes sparkling like a child's.

Sven followed her gaze, looking around, equally thrilled. Both of them had faced different challenges in their lives, which had previously prevented them from experiencing the simple joys that most kids took for granted.

"Who wants to ride on it?" Sven exclaimed, pointing to the rollercoaster and raising his hand in excitement.

"Me!!!" Elysia responded with equal enthusiasm, raising her hand high.

They shared a hearty laugh, both reveling in each other's excitement as their faces beamed with childlike joy, savoring a day of carefree fun.

Sven and Elysia explored the whole amusement park, trying out a variety of rides. Their day was filled with adventure as they rode the roller coaster, took a leisurely spin on the Ferris wheel, engaged in friendly bumper car competitions, and enjoyed a log flume that ended with a refreshing splash. They also experienced the thrill of a drop tower ride, laughed as they twirled on teacup rides, and felt the rush of a pirate ship swinging back and forth.

As the evening drew nearer, their stomachs growled, and the realization dawned on them that, in all their fun, they had forgotten to eat. Hungry and eager for adventure, they explored the numerous food stalls, indulging in a variety of park snacks and treats. Amid the mouthwatering choices, Elysia's eyes lit up as she spotted the cotton candy stand.

"Let's get cotton candy!" She tugged at Sven's sleeve excitedly.

Purchasing two fluffy pink cotton candies, they sat down on a nearby bench. Elysia joyfully unwrapped hers and began to eat.

Sven, on the other hand, couldn't help but stare at her cotton candy, then at his own, and back at hers, narrowing his eyes.

"Why aren't you digging in?" Elysia noticed him eying her cotton candy and questioned.

"Yours looks way more yummy," Sven declared, his eyes locked on her cotton candy.

"Eh? But we literally have the same..." Elysia began to explain, but before she could finish, Sven swiftly grabbed her cotton candy, handed her his own, and started munching on her half-eaten treat.

"Hm, yummy," he happily commented between bites, ignoring Elysia's puzzled gaze on him.

Elysia's jaw dropped as she watched him munch on her cotton candy. She looked at the cotton candy he had given her, now holding his untouched one, and then back at him, shaking her head. Clearly, she didn't get his concept here.

After finishing their impromptu snack, Sven grabbed Elysia's hand and led her to a photo booth. Together, they made silly and funny faces, capturing a series of memorable pictures. Their laughter echoed in the booth as they marveled at the results, and they each kept a copy of the photos as a memento of their day.