Chapter 9

Ares Simon's POV:

"Keep your guard up, I'm going to throw a jab," I nodded as Maron warned before he extended the lead hand quickly and aimed for my face.

On reflex, my body moved on its own as I defended. He followed, throwing a hook, "Block!" He said.

I got into a blocking position just as someone's soft laughter echoed in my head. Distracted, I blocked his hook partially, getting hit in the sides and stepping back.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nothing!" I got into a defending position again as Maron kept throwing punches, but her laugh, voice, and the moments from years ago kept me distracted, resulting in getting several hits in return.

"What the hell, man? What's going on with you?" He barked at me, but his voice didn't register in my head.

A sudden memory from years ago flashed in front of my eyes, and Sven's words echoed, along with a disturbing memory of them together.

"Stay away from my woman!"

"You have no right!"

"You think I didn't notice the way you look at her?"

"You aren't just a jerk but an indecisive coward too, who can't even decide who he actually loves,"

"I'm no saint, but even I'm better than you. At least I know what I really want,"

"You have done enough damage already, stay the f**k away from us!"

"LEAVE MY GIRL ALONE!"

I recalled as I dashed back inside school towards the hallway to apologize to Elysia, but I didn't find her alone there. It was Sven Damaris who was holding her before he leaned down and kissed her, but the worst thing was she never pushed him away.

"Argh!" I rushed forward to land insane punches as he tried to defend, but I was mad, ragingly mad. I hated both of them.

I felt my knuckles split open inside the gloves, but there was nothing that could stop me at this moment. Those moments, the feelings, lies, my regrets, everything came rushing down upon me at once.

"F**k, get into your senses, man! It's been a while since you acted like this. Now, I'm missing Adira; at least, she calmed your madness a little," Maron said as he tried to defend as much as possible but still ended up being beaten. The mere mention of Adira halted my movements.

Everything around me calmed down, slowly falling back into its place. Adira Beyonce Jackson, the only woman who was the reason for my whatever trust I had left in women. The woman who proved to me that true love does exist, and the woman who proved that there's still some women left who were loyal and loved only one man in their entire life...

"Wow! Now that's a magic word. I should have used it sooner," Maron mocked, wiping his lips that were bleeding.

"You were the one who opted for this, and honestly after what you did today, it definitely serves you right," I took off my boxing gloves and stepped out of the ring.

Wiping my bleeding knuckles with a towel, I sat down and opened a water bottle. Maron also followed, gulping from his water bottle.

"Okay, I admit, I did something stupid, but can you blame me? Whether you admit it or not, Elysia affects you a lot. I haven't seen you acting like this for years. We have been friends since kindergarten, Ares, and the only woman who could make you behave like this is undoubtedly the one and only Elysia Lawson. I don't even understand how Aubrey got in between you both. I never liked that girl from the beginning but you were so determined to date her because she was your ideal girl that you were in love with, but she never had an affect on you and you know that very well. The only women who ever affected you were, Elysia or Adira."