Chapter 17

Elysia's POV:

"Do you know that someone is here to meet you?" Dr. Smith informed in a gentle voice, his tone soft.

"They have been coming every day just to meet you," he added.

"May I allow him to enter? I'll stay with you. He simply wishes to meet you, alright?" he asked.

I looked at him uncertainly before nodding hesitantly. His smile grew wider in response.

"That's a good decision. You're growing stronger," he extended his hand, drawing it close to my head.

I watched his movements cautiously until he softly patted my head, his smile never fading. "That's it! You are doing great," he praised.

When Dr. Smith opened the door, a familiar man walked in slowly and smiled at me. His smile was warm and welcoming.

"Hi, Elysia." He sat on the seat across the table beside Dr. Smith and looked at me for a while, giving me ample time to observe him.

"I'm Dean Lawson, Elysia. It's really nice to meet you. Do you know I've been visiting every day just to see you?" His voice brimmed with a soft energy.

I gazed at him, unsure of who he was and his reason for being here. Yet, I remained silent, simply observing.

"You might be wondering who this uncle is, trying to talk to you when you don't know me," he playfully quipped.

With no response from me, he continued, "Actually, you don't know me, but I know you."

Confusion gnawed at me. I was certain I hadn't seen this man until a few months ago, when they entered the room while Dr. Smith spoke with me.

"My wife is here too. She's been wanting to see you for a while. Wait, let me show you her pictures," he presented a small bundle of photographs.

"See, this is from our wedding," he arranged the pictures on the table for me to see.

"This is my wife; you see, isn't she beautiful?" He asked, pointing to the bride.

Yes, she was beautiful with a bright smile on her face as she stood by him. She was the same woman who entered with them a few months ago. But it was the other woman who caught my attention. She was standing beside the bride, smiling happily. The bride had one arm around her husband while the other was around that woman.

I don't know what happened, but I wanted to touch her. Something about her felt familiar. I felt a magnetic pull towards her warm smile.

Slowly, I extended my hand, hesitating before cautiously touching the picture.

I traced the woman's smiling face, my vision narrowing as I tried to recognize her.

'My baby...' a strange yet soft laughter of a woman suddenly echoed in my head along with her cheerful voice.

Startled, I retreated my hand in surprise. My heart raced in my chest.

What was that?!

I looked up at the man with questioning eyes and pointed at the woman to know more about her when I noticed his shocked expression staring at me. He looked down immediately sensing my gaze and wiped his eyes, trying to hide the tears from me, but I still caught it.

Was he... crying?

Why?!!

"You... You want to know who she is?" He asked, smiling down at me.