Chapter 8

Elysia's POV:

I sighed for the nth time as I tried to focus on my work again, but my concentration was not cooperating with me. It has been long gone since a week ago.

This week has been hectic for me, not just physically but emotionally as well. Facing Ares every day wasn't easy, and on top of that, I've been receiving anonymous gifts and notes every other day. The weirdest thing is, I feel like I'm being watched, but every time I look around, I find nothing unusual.

I should really pay a visit to Dr. Jennifer. I think I'm being paranoid. I recalled Sven's lecture on the phone today in the office.

I walked into my office with quick steps and a throbbing heart. I placed my hand on my chest, still feeling the warmth of his hands around me.

"Calm down! Deep breaths, Elysia, deep breaths," I patted my chest softly and followed Dr. Jennifer's instructions to calm down.

After a couple of minutes of calming down, I finally sat down just as my phone vibrated on the desk. Noticing Sven's caller ID, I couldn't help getting excited. It's been a while since we talked.

"Sven!!" I picked up the call immediately and chirped excitedly.

"Wow! Clumsy head, did you miss me that much?" His deep and amused voice came from the other end.

"Of course, I do! It's been a while since we talked. Have you really been so busy these days that you couldn't talk at all?" I asked casually. He paused for a while.

"You know business matters, beautiful! My father is pushing me to no end," he reasoned out. I pressed my lips together.

"Is he still pressurizing you? Do you need any kind of help? Should I kidnap you?" I asked seriously. A hearty laugh escaped his lips.

"It would be a dream come true to be kidnapped by someone as beautiful and hot as you," he joked, making me giggle.

"Anyways, I didn't just call you to listen to your pretty voice; Dr. Jennifer called me," his voice became serious. I face-palmed myself, realizing his purpose of calling.

"Elysia Dean Lawson! Do you want me to fly back and put you in your senses? You know how important your therapies are, and yet you skipped them, and you aren't even picking up her calls," he reprimanded me seriously.

"I... I know it's important, but..." I stared at my desk, lost in thoughts.

"Elysia! You are the strongest person I have ever known. But you still need to visit Dr. Jennifer; she just wants to help you," he spoke softly this time. I sighed inaudibly. There's no way out, is there?

"I know you're right, Sven! I will visit her," I answered honestly.

"Promise?" He urged.

"I promise, I will, Sven!" I replied and smiled.

"That's my girl! When I return this time, you can kidnap me for a lifetime!" He remarked playfully. I could even imagine his smirk and wink at this moment, making me laugh heartily. His laugh synced with mine.

"How's your work going? You're not overworking again, are you? And how's Aunt Sandra?" He questioned.

I sighed in relief. Thankfully, Dr. Jennifer didn't tell him anything about mom or he would be worried sick.

"I'm not overworking, don't worry! Mom is also good; she missed you though. When will you be back?" I queried.

"I miss her too; in fact, I miss all of you. I would be coming back after resolving the matters here; probably in a couple of months." He informed.