Chapter 44 - Until We Meet Again!

*Warning! This chapter includes some triggers like mild violence.

Past - 26 (Last)

Elysia's POV:

I entered school, heading directly to the teacher's office, countless thoughts swirling about Mom, Dad, and my mother. Despite not wanting to attend, an important project submission brought me here. Sven and Esme offered to handle it, but I didn't want to trouble them for such a trivial thing.

I submitted the report to Mrs. Williams, thanked her, and left, intending to stroll the streets and gather my thoughts. While passing from the corridor of second floor, I paused, thinking I saw two familiar faces, but when I looked back, no one was there.

I didn't know why but I moved towards the farthest classroom in the corridors, where I thought I saw them.

Just outside the classroom, I heard some familiar voices inside, along with moans and groans. I quietly turned the doorknob, gazing inside.

Gabriel Prescott and Aubrey Anderson...!

I stepped back silently, making my way downstairs, and leaving the school. My fists clenched tightly, as the familiar feeling arose within me.

She was a liar...

But why was I leaving?

My steps halted in hesitation. The scene I saw earlier flashed back in front of me.

This was not right!

She was betraying Ares, and this time I was sure than ever that she wasn't unwilling, it was equal from both sides.

Beastie was right!

Aubrey was playing a game and most importantly, she was going to hurt Ares in the process, and I couldn't allow that.

It was time to confront her, and after that I will ask her to confess to Ares or I'm going to tell him the truth.

Even though he would be hurt to know that the girl he loved betrayed him like this, but he deserved to know everything.

Turning around, I ran back to school, ascending the stairs to the second floor, heading to the far corner classroom. Turning the corner, I nearly bumped into someone - Ares.

"...Ares," I whispered with wide eyes. My lips parted in shock, taking in his state.

I had never seen him this angry. His messy hair and bloodshot eyes held nothing but anger, and though it wasn't directed at me, I was still scared by the look in his eyes. My eyes traced the path he came from, and by his expressions, it was obvious he knew everything.

He knew everything!

Unsure of what to do, I tried to speak, but words failed me. Ares' eyes squinted, and his lips parted in disbelief, watching the whirl of emotions on my face.

"...you, you knew!" It was a statement, not a question. I couldn't maintain eye contact, lowering my gaze immediately. I didn't want him to find out like this.

I nodded in affirmation. Ares stepped away, and I looked up to see his wide, red-rimmed eyes, holding unshed tears. His gaze felt like he was looking at a stranger, a sense of betrayal flashing across his features.

My lips parted in shock. I had never seen Ares like this. His eyes, usually hard to decipher, were now bare, transparent, revealing every emotion like an open book.

"A-Ares, I..." I wanted to explain, but he interrupted before I could complete my sentence.

"I thought you were not like those people," he uttered, glaring into my eyes. "I thought you were different. Even when she said you weren't, I believed you. I believed you damnit...!" His roar made me flinch under his tone. He was getting it all wrong.