Chapter 10

Elysia's POV:

"Jerk! You're such a stupid man, Ares Simon, a total idiot!" I said loudly, my voice filled with frustration, while his cold eyes stared back at me as if trying to pierce through my soul.

"What? Huh? What? Do you think I'm scared of you? Huh?" I defiantly raised my fists, glaring at him.

"For real?!" A muffled voice asked from behind. I glanced over my shoulder to see my so-called best friend barely containing her laughter.

"Shouldn't you be on my side, Beastie?" I scowled at her before returning my attention to Ares, who still wore an expressionless face.

"Of course, of course!" Unable to hold it in any longer, she burst into laughter while clutching her stomach. I rolled my eyes at her reaction; if I didn't know her so well, I'd think she had a bipolar personality disorder.

Ignoring her, I returned my attention in front of me and glared at the small picture of Ares Simon Knight, stuck on the mirror in my room.

Squinting my eyes at his expressionless face, I grabbed a marker from the dressing table and stepped forward, drawing a cross over his picture to release my anger.

When his handsome face was still visible in front of me, I pursed my lips and drew a large mustache and moles on his face. I felt a presence behind me and looked over my shoulder to see her standing behind me now looking at my handiwork, her face turned red because of holding her laughs. When I stared back at the picture of Ares, I also started giggling along with her.

"Great job! My girl is growing up; I'm proud of you," she said, holding my face firmly in her hands with a proud parent look.

Her earlier dark and chilly aura had gone now. She was shaking with anger when she heard I had fainted because of the episode earlier. I was barely able to stop her from barging into Knight Towers and strangle Ares to death.

Ares owes me for this actually, because no one; I repeat no one could ever get on beastie's bad side and get away with it easily.

I mean there was a reason no one ever dared to mess with her in our highschool, even Sven was a little scared of her, until we all became best friends ever.

People always say that a highschool is a place where you will meet two kinds of people; lifelong friends or the ones you'll never want to see again after graduation. I'm glad it's the former one for me when it comes to these two.

I was getting ready for my doctor's appointment with Dr. Jennifer after returning from the hospital. I was so angry at Ares for being such a jerk.

That idiot didn't let me resign when he was the one at fault. Mind it; he wanted to fire me a long time ago. So this was the perfect opportunity for him to let me go, but no; Ares Simon would never let anyone go until he had tortured them to his satisfaction.

I'm sure he still wants to torture me; that's why his only words before leaving were, "See you at the office tomorrow. Rest for today!"

Ares Simon Knight was never a man of many words. He was silent and cold, but now he had turned into a jerk. When I entered home, I had no intention of telling anyone anything, but my luck was low when Beastie was working from home.

She immediately noticed my pale face and my unusual state. I had no choice but to tell her everything. The first thing she said after calming down her anger was to check her money to see if we had enough to pay the penalty for breaching the contract. I had to put some sense into her by mentioning mom's condition.

When she assessed my state carefully and noticed that I was doing rather fine than in the past when I had these dissociative episodes, she calmed down eventually.