Chapter 26

Past - 9

Elysia's POV:

RING!! RING!!

I jolted awake from a deep slumber at the sudden intrusion of the ringtone. My heart raced inside my chest due to the abrupt awakening.

Furrowing my eyebrows and barely opening eyes, I snatched the phone from the bedside table and sleepily answered it.

"Hello?" My voice emerged groggy, my mind still in the process of waking up.

"Oh, did I wake the good girl up?" A familiar sarcastic voice echoed from the other end, instantly widening my eyes.

I know this voice!

In an instant, I sat up on the bed, fully awake now. Pulling the phone away from my ear for a moment, I glanced at the screen. It displayed an unknown number.

"Who's this?" I pressed the phone against my ear and asked, hoping it was just my imagination.

"There's only one guy with this sexy voice, can't you tell?" came his smug reply. I closed my eyes briefly, confirming my suspicion.

It was definitely him, Sven Neve Damaris!

I hadn't encountered a man so full of himself other than him. I rolled my eyes, made a face, and silently scoffed at his words.

And just what did he say? Sexy voice?

"Well, someone's definitely living in their own fantasy world," my retort came out sarcastically. I froze suddenly, placing a hand over my mouth, realizing that I said it out loud. Did I just say that? I had never talked back to anyone before...

There was a brief silence on the other end before a deep chuckle resonated through the earpiece.

"Oh, so you also know how to bite back, huh?" He responded while chuckling, surprise and amusement laced his words.

I opened and closed my mouth, unsure of what to say.

"...sorry! I didn't mean to say it out loud," I answered, still confused about my own words.

"You don't need to apologize for voicing out your opinion, it's your right," he replied, his tone serious this time, surprising me. "What were you doing, clumsy head?" He asked, changing the topic.

"Sleeping," I answered. "How did you get my number, and why did you call me?" I asked. I was quite curious about his reason to call me so late at night.

"I have my ways," he replied, his cocky tone returning. "I was bored, then I remembered I needed to collect a debt from someone." His tone suddenly turned sinister.

"What debt?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"For injuring my foot. It still aches, you know," he explained.

"I'm sorry, but it wasn't intentional, you know that," I quickly defended myself.

"But you still punctured my little finger, and sorry isn't going to resolve it this time," he retorted.

"Okay, what do you want me to do then?" I asked.

"...three wishes," he answered.

"Huh?" I questioned, not grasping his point.

"Grant me three wishes," he repeated.

Three wishes? I squinted my eyes, feeling suspicious. "It's a trap, isn't it?" I asked skeptically.

His laughter resonated through the earpiece. "You aren't completely dumb, you know," he replied, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm not dumb," I retorted, a little annoyed.