Chapter 59

Third Party's POV:

The frigid wind whipped through the London airport as Sven Neve Damaris emerged, standing at a commanding 6'3", a bag draped over his shoulder. Clad in a sleek black biker suit that accentuated every sculpted contour, he presented an imposing figure against the backdrop of the bustling airport. His disheveled dark brown hair danced in the cold breeze, giving an unruly charm to his appearance.

The dark gray eyes, once playful, now held a serious and collected gaze, adding intensity to his dominant figure. A nose with a subtle, proud bridge complemented the sharpness of his well-defined jawline and lips that carried an inherent allure. A small piercing adorned his left ear, corresponding to his rebellious aura.

The silver chain around his neck gleamed with a pendant, a timeless gift that had become an inseparable part of him over the decade. Paying no heed to the soft gasps and admiring glances, his hand combed through his messy hair, revealing a single ring on the index finger of his right hand, with the matching piece of accessory in his left thumb.

Among the sea of faces, he quickly spotted Brey Cornell, a few meters away in a black and red biker suit, standing tall by his bike. Brey opened his helmet's visor, waving at Sven. Ignoring the surroundings, Sven approached Brey, raising his hand for a distinctive clap of hands in their usual greeting manner.

Brey, gesturing toward the parked bike, informed, "I asked someone to drop your bike here." Sven's gaze lingered on the machine he hadn't ridden in five years. A somber expression crossed his features, recalling the time he and Elysia used to sneak out for ice creams.

Shaking off the memories, he reached out for his bike, revealing the hint of a small sparrow tattoo on the side of his right wrist, contrasting to his sturdy appearance yet a clear match to the 'little mouse' in his life. He donned his gloves, secured his helmet, and started the bike. The engine roared to life with a deep bass echoing in the surroundings. Sven signaled Brey with a nod, and together they maneuvered out of the airport, steering towards the hospital.

Despite his longing to see Elysia and everyone again, the realization that they both kept such a crucial aspect hidden from him weighed heavily on Sven. They were the closest thing to family he had ever known, and the fact that they concealed Sandra's deteriorating health, especially when they struggled to gather funds for her surgery, struck a chord deep within him.

If Brey hadn't coincidentally seen Esme at the hospital and snoop around the other day, Sven would have remained oblivious to everything. Despite regular contact with all of them, including frequent conversations with Elysia, they all had chosen to keep him in the dark.

Just the week before, during a call with Sandra, he had sensed her weakness. Both Sandra and Elysia reassured him, blaming it on Sandra's old blood pressure issue. Sven, trusting them blindly, had accepted their explanation.

But he should have known better...

Why would they burden him with their struggles when his own so-called parents had relentlessly insulted Elysia and her parents due to their background? Sven had numerous heated fights with his father over this, and eventually, he had to give in and leave the country just to put an end to the turmoil Elysia and her mother faced. They were likely concerned that Sven, without a second thought, would return and Philips Damaris will cause trouble for all of them again.

Sven's jaw clenched, hands tightening around the bike's handle, as he accelerated, the cool air cutting through the speeding bike.

Sometimes, a person has to snatch their own rights from the world to protect themselves from future sufferings. Sven Damaris had done just that. The day would soon come when Philips Damaris would confront the man he had raised, and on that day, he would regret welcoming Sven into his little perfect family.