The Gift of Discovery

ㅤ

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 1, Page 4]
"Kawaii-chan feels so much love when Y/N-sama just admires you from afar"

My Street... Your Home... Your POV; 

I lounged comfortably in Aphmau's cozy house, engrossed in a book that had captured my attention. With a steaming cup of coffee in my free hand, I was completely immersed in the moment, especially with the snow gracefully descending outside. The tranquility in the air seemed almost perfect, offering a sense of calm that couldn't be matched. 

Amid this serene scene, it was as if time was suspended. Aphmau and I shared a peaceful silence, relishing the simple joy of being lost in our respective activities. The ambiance was so delightful that it felt like the day had reached its pinnacle. 

But suddenly, the tranquility shattered as KC burst into the house with unbridled energy. The echo of their urgent voice calling out for Aphmau reverberated through the air, jolting us from our tranquil bubble. The interruption was unexpected, a stark contrast to the serene atmosphere we had been enveloped in just moments ago. 

"Aphmau-Senpai!" KC's sudden shriek startled me, causing my book to tumble from my hands. I quickly clutched my cup of coffee with both hands, a sudden fear of spilling it gripping me. Aphmau and I exchanged a brief glance, our curiosity piqued as we shifted our attention to KC.

"Kawaii-chan?" Aphmau's voice held a mixture of surprise and concern, as we both awaited an explanation from our evidently distressed friend.

"Aphmau-senpai! Sorry, Y/N-sama, but that pink hunk came to Kawaii-chan's job, and she..."

"Hunk?" I interrupted, looking at Aphmau, my curiosity piqued.

"Long story, don't worry about it," Aphmau waved off my question, her eyes dancing mischievously as we refocused on KC. But then, her teasing took an unexpected turn.

"Did you kiss him? Is that what you did?" Aphmau snickered.

"NO! Never! She could never!" KC protested loudly, her voice almost a screech. Aphmau and I shared a laugh, the tension diffusing as we enjoyed the camaraderie.

Casting my coffee aside, I leaned back on the couch, resting my head against it, content to listen to KC's animated rant. She recounted her encounter with this mysterious "pink hunk," her excitement contagious even as the story unfolded.

"Calm down, Kawaii-chan," Aphmau chimed in, her tone more soothing. "I was just teasing you! But seriously, are you okay?"

"Aphmau-senpai, Kawaii-chan wants to humbly ask you, please..." KC's voice softened, and she approached Aphmau with a slight bow, clasping her hands together in a plea. I watched their interaction, intrigued.