Daddy's little girl

unedited

unedited

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 5, Page 14]
"Then let's get married"

The Men's Restroom... Garroth's POV; 

"I'm sorry?" The words stumbled out of my mouth, halted by the unexpected question. There was an unsettling feeling gnawing at the back of my mind, a sense that something was amiss, though I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was.

Terry's chuckle broke the tense silence, his amusement evident as he regarded me with a knowing glint in his eyes. It felt like he was testing me, probing to see if I was truly worthy of his daughter's affections.

"Mr. Valkrum, I don't think I understand," I began, my voice faltering slightly as I tried to make sense of the situation.

"Oh, I think you know exactly what I'm asking, Garroth Ro'Meave," Terry interjected, his tone shifting abruptly. His interruption caught me off guard, causing me to take a step back in surprise. I swallowed hard, suddenly feeling the weight of the tension thickening the air around us. It was as if the atmosphere had become palpable, suffocating me with its intensity.

"You see, my daughter is a treasure," Terry continued, his smirk widening as he leaned in closer, his face mere inches from mine. His gray eyes bore into mine, their intensity unyielding as he spoke. "But of course, you would hear that from every father who cares dearly about their only daughters. You must understand where I'm coming from." His words hung in the air, laden with an unspoken challenge, daring me to prove myself worthy of his daughter's love and trust.

"Well, of course," I responded, my voice pitched low in an attempt to convey both confidence and respect. "My brothers and I were raised to protect our mom that way. Being gentlemen is ingrained in us, and part of that is protecting the ones we love."

Terry's gaze remained fixed on me, his eyes searching as if trying to decipher the truth behind my words. I held his stare, determined not to back down despite the intensity of his scrutiny.

A quiet chuckle escaped Terry's lips, breaking the tension slightly as he leaned back, his gaze shifting to the mirror before him. I released a breath I hadn't realized I was holding as he created a bit of distance between us. Watching him smirk at his reflection, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief mingled with curiosity.

"Zianna is a wonderful woman," Terry remarked, his tone softer now as he adjusted his collar and smoothed down his hair. "A wonderful woman who raised someone like you. I've heard great things about you, from your father." His words carried a note of approval