Welcome Home, Aphmau

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 5, Page 6]
"we're happy to see her again"

A few weeks later... Lover's Lane... Shared Home... Third POV; 

"Honey, just carefully place the bags on the counter," you urged, a slight edge of panic in your voice. As you and Garroth unloaded the groceries onto the kitchen counter, you couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency. The impending return of someone important had turned this routine task into a meticulous operation.

Checking the list one last time, you meticulously went through each item, your eyes darting from the paper to the contents of the bags. "Are we one hundred percent sure that we got everything right?" you asked, a hint of concern in your voice. The success of this mission depended on the accuracy of your grocery shopping.

"Y/N..." Garroth, standing beside you, calmly called out your name, a small, reassuring smile playing on his lips. His demeanor seemed to offer a contrast to your anxious energy, creating a balance in the room.

Ignoring his calm demeanor, you continued to scrutinize the items. "We can't afford to mess up," you muttered to yourself, the weight of the situation apparent in your tone. "She's coming back today of all days! Everything needs to be stocked, clean, and just perfect!"

As you went through the list, you verbalized each item, your voice becoming a checklist of necessities. "Eggs, milk..." you listed, your eyes scanning the counter and the bags in a synchronized dance. There was a moment of panic when you thought something was missing, but relief washed over you as you found the elusive item tucked away in one of the bags.

The atmosphere in the kitchen was charged with a mix of anticipation and determination. Each item placed on the counter felt like a small victory in the grand mission to create the perfect homecoming. The clinking of bottles, rustling of bags, and the rhythmic recitation of the checklist created a symphony of preparation.

"Y/N~" Garroth's voice called out your name in a sing-song manner, his tone filled with affection. He placed the last bags on the counter beside the ones you had carefully arranged, leaning in with a loving gaze fixed upon you.

Despite the endearing call, you remained focused on the task at hand, your attention directed towards the bags. "Alright, perfect. This bag should be okay. Now the other–"

"Y/N Valkrum!" Garroth's voice cut through the air, a slight shout breaking your concentration. He gently held your shoulders, turning you to face him. With wide eyes, you looked at him in surprise, caught off guard by the sudden interruption.

Garroth's expression softened as he gazed down at you, a quiet chuckle escaping his lips. Slowly leaning in, he pressed a small peck on your forehead, a gesture filled with warmth and reassurance. As he leaned back, a playful wink accompanied his words, "Finally, I have your attention. Everything will be fine, okay?"