Part of the family [Side-Story, Finale]

As I published this chapter, check out the first chapter of "Lessons in Love" in my profile! There you can really learn more about the background of the character I had portrayed the reader in to help really connect and be part of the storyWarning...

Warning, the chapters there might not be as accurate as they would in the show but if you enjoy it the way it is, it's a win in my books~

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ ₍ᐢ . ̫.ᐢ₎♡₍ᐢ. ̫ .⑅ᐢ₎ ꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

On a beautiful sunny day, with a gentle breeze in the air, the group of friends, accompanied by Zianna and Melissa, arrived at the park as promised after their awkward dinner at Olive Garden. Y/N and Zane sat together on one bench, while Aphmau and Aaron occupied the other nearby. They all sat in silence, the remnants of the uncomfortable dinner still lingering in their thoughts.

"Well, that dinner wasn't awkward at all," Zane broke the silence, his sarcasm evident in his tone. Everyone turned their attention to him.

"Seemed... perfectly fine to me," Aaron replied, trying to maintain a calm demeanor. The others raised their eyebrows, silently questioning whether he was serious.

"Well... I'm not one to state my opinions out loud like this, but yeah, I don't think I've ever felt so awkward in my entire life..." Y/N confessed, her discomfort apparent. Zane nodded in agreement.

"Aaron, I'm the middle child of two siblings, so trust me when I say that the situation was pretty awkward," Zane added, crossing his arms.

"Well, I'm somewhat accustomed to those kinds of dinners with my family."

"Aaron?" Aphmau chimed in, her voice carrying a hint of agreement. "I have to concur with Zane and Y/N on this one... it was genuinely awkward."

Aaron sighed, appearing somewhat crestfallen as he looked down at his fingers. "I always try to get along with her, but as you've witnessed, she tends to be very business-oriented about things. We didn't really have a normal childhood, considering our parents were mostly out of town on their business trips," he explained, lifting his head to meet their gazes. Y/N couldn't help but feel a sense of empathy, understanding the challenges of families with demanding work schedules.

"I know how that feels," Zane chimed in. "Sounds like the only difference was that our mom took time to be with us growing up. What about you, Y/N? I assume that your d was in a similar situation, given that your father worked with both of ours."

Y/N was taken aback by the question, not accustomed to opening up about her background. She sighed and nodded, deciding to share a bit of her family's situation. "Well, I wouldn't say Travis and I had a bad childhood. Our dad was out most of the time, especially on special events, but even though he refused to talk about our mom, whom we'd never really met, he always tried his best to make it up to us. We greatly appreciated his efforts in being a part of our lives, so my brother and I never really held anything against him. In a way, we just had to learn to bear with it. Though it makes me wonder, Aaron..."