Death of A Lycan

Really slightly changing the story a bit

Really slightly changing the story a bit. The cage itself, from what I remember, is really close but becuase I love the chase and the adventure, I wanted it to be a bit farther. Just to give Garroth a chance in the spotlight as he tries to find you. 

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 4, Page 16]

In the cell... Garroth's POV; 

He took you... they took you... i can't believe they took you...

The weight of my own culpability pressed down on me like a vice. How had I let them snatch her away from me, from us? Guilt gnawed at my conscience as I paced restlessly within the confines of the cell, which my own brother, Zane, had cruelly imprisoned me in.

Zane, my own flesh and blood, had betrayed us all. In his twisted state, he was no longer the brother I once knew. It was hard not to despise him for his treachery, but deep down, I knew he wasn't entirely himself. The sinister forces at play had clouded his judgment.

As I gripped the icy-cold cell bars, a shiver coursed down my spine. The metal felt strangely brittle, as though it might give way if pushed hard enough. Hope flickered in my chest, and I couldn't allow despair to overtake me. Desperation fueled my actions as I examined the other bars with a discerning eye.

With newfound determination, I gathered my strength and exhaled a deep breath. The resolve to rescue Zane and Aaron, along with thoughts of you, filled my mind. The image of you in danger fueled my anger, transforming it into an unrelenting determination. I had to save you at all costs.

Summoning all my might, I seized the cell bars with both hands, my knuckles white from the strain. "I need to save Zane, I need to save Aaron," I whispered through gritted teeth, my voice barely audible, but the urgency resonated in my soul.

The metal bars creaked and groaned as I exerted pressure, the brittle ice coating them cracking and breaking under my determined grip. Each agonizing squeak and fracture spurred me on, fueling my determination to break free.

The tormenting thoughts of you, vulnerable and imperiled, continued to torment me, igniting a fiery rage within. The very idea of your safety being compromised infuriated me. I tightened my grip on the bars, my fingers aching with effort.

"I need to save you..." I vowed, my voice echoing with unwavering commitment. The bars gave way further, their resistance weakening under the relentless force I exerted. 

With a final, determined heave, I summoned all my strength, and the bars shattered into pieces, liberating me from the confining cell. The rush of adrenaline surged through my veins as I burst out of the cave, intent on finding you and Aaron.