Forgetful Siblings

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 CHAPTER 4, Pg. 9」

The unknown void, Y/N's POV; 

My eyes continued to gaze through the spectral scene, the ethereal images dancing before me like ghostly apparitions. The world around me felt surreal, as if I had been transported to a realm beyond my understanding. My friends, their faces etched with concern, cast worried glances my way as they continued to enjoy their meal. I felt like a stranger in my own skin, a passenger in my own body, unable to control my thoughts or actions. This was not who I was; I was the person who faced challenges head-on, who took charge of her life. But right now, I was a mere spectator in the theatre of my own existence.

Despite the turmoil within, I steadfastly held back the tears that threatened to escape. Crying wouldn't change the situation; it wouldn't bring back what was lost. It wouldn't make the daunting questions cease their relentless dance in my mind. The weight of my choices bore down on me, and I couldn't shake the overwhelming feeling of dejection that enveloped me. What had I gotten myself into, and why had I chosen to walk away from the safety of my friends? I should have stayed with the group. Who's going to be there in Garroth's time of need? He already had to worry about Zane's disappearance and now he has to worry about... me. I felt like a burden. 

I clenched my fists, the grip on my knees tightening as I sighed deeply. My gaze remained fixed on my friends, their laughter and chatter a stark contrast to my internal turmoil. I watched them in silence, my inner monologue drowning out the external world. I was trapped in my own thoughts, an emotional whirlwind that threatened to consume me.

Then, like a whisper in the wind, a voice broke through my internal turmoil. "There's no use in blaming yourself, you know?" The butterfly, whose name I still didn't know, fluttered back to my knees, as if it could sense the weight of my thoughts. Its delicate wings danced in the air, and I couldn't help but be drawn to its ethereal beauty. For a moment, it felt as though the butterfly was my only confidant in this surreal world.

"You could hear my thoughts?" I questioned the amethyst-colored butterfly, my voice laced with curiosity, though I couldn't tear my gaze away from my friends. The need to be close to them was growing with each passing moment, and the longing to return to Garroth's comforting embrace tugged at my heart.

"I am bound to you, after all," the butterfly replied, as if my question was the most obvious thing in the world.

"How are we bound?" I asked, genuinely intrigued by the butterfly's enigmatic role in my life. "I don't ever remember having you as a part of my life."

The butterfly's wings came to a halt as it settled on my knee. "It's a long story," it whispered, its voice carrying a sense of mystery.

"You keep saying that," I responded, my annoyance bubbling up. I shifted slightly, causing the butterfly to flutter away, and I found myself lying back against the surreal sky that surrounded me. "You told me that you'd explain it to me, but it never happened."