Tricks are for kids! - Halloween episode, Part 2

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 ✦ C H A P T E R 3, P A G E 8✦ 」

Gene pointed out, "The guys just keep glancing over this way." I followed his gaze, noticing their widened eyes and attempts to mimic puppy-like baby eyes in a desperate bid for Aphmau's forgiveness. She had always been a sucker for such endearing expressions, especially when it came to anything baby-related. I let out a sigh, acknowledging Gene's observation.

"Yeah, I mean I get why you're doing this to them, Aph, but those pleading eyes are starting to make me a bit uncomfortable," I admitted, trying my best to avoid any eye contact with them. It had been a while since Aphmau had stopped chasing after the boys. As a result, she decided to give them the silent treatment throughout the evening. As much as I wanted to approach them, I chose to stand by Aphmau and support her through this period of ignoring the boys.

Aphmau let out a dismissive scoff, crossing her arms and draping one leg over the other as she reclined in her chair, shutting her eyes. "Let them," she muttered.

"Y/N's got a point, Aph," Zane chimed in from beside me. "It's getting a bit too creepy."

Aphmau let out a deep sigh, her frustration palpable as she sat up at the edge of her seat, her arms still tightly crossed. "Just... try to ignore them," she muttered, her voice laced with irritation. She added with a hint of a pout, "I really don't feel like dealing with them right now."

Aaron chuckled as he glanced over at Gene, Zane, and me. "It's kind of funny to see you react like that, though they didn't seem to have any malicious intent," he remarked. Unfortunately, Aaron's timing couldn't have been worse, and Aphmau shot him a glare, bewildered by his take on the whole situation. She growled with anger, causing Aaron to nervously laugh and quickly change his tone.

"I mean, yeah! How dare they do that to you!" Aaron exclaimed, his eyes wide with alarm.

Zane cleared his throat, redirecting our attention. "While it annoyed both Aaron and me that they kept scaring you, I'm somewhat on the fence about this," he began. Aaron's right; it was funny after we found out the truth."

"Aph, remember they were doing it in honor of Lucinda," I added, finishing Zane's sentence. Aphmau let out a sigh, her initial anger softening.

"I know," she admitted, looking down. Then, her demeanor changed, and she smirked with a teasing tone. "I just want them to suffer a bit for doing that to me. So let them keep their puppy eyes for a while" she giggled as Gene smirked widely 

"Oh, you can be quite devious! I like that," he remarked, sounding genuinely impressed as he crossed his arms.

"She's not evil! She's pure!" Zane exclaimed, and I stood up from my seat. I had decided to check up on the boys to make sure they didn't strain their eyes too much.