Aaron's Secret

Short unedited chapter, but the start of the upcoming ending

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 4, Page 19]

In the caves, Third Person POV; 

The friends approached Lucinda with cautious steps, allowing her the space she needed to regain control of her body. Each step was deliberate, ensuring they didn't overwhelm her in the process. Lucinda, still in the throes of adjusting to her newfound freedom, slowly sank to her knees. Her once crimson eyes now glimmered not with joy but with a profound sense of relief.

As Lucinda knelt, her breaths came in ragged gasps, a stark contrast to the restrained calm that had been imposed upon her by Ein's potion. The weight of the recent traumatic events hung in the air, and the atmosphere crackled with the residue of magical energy. Tears cascaded down her cheeks like miniature waterfalls, mirroring the raw emotion she couldn't contain.

Worry etched the faces of her friends as they observed Lucinda's emotional release. With a quick, unspoken understanding, you and Kim swiftly moved to her side, maintaining a respectful distance. Your hearts ached for her, and your eyes met in a shared acknowledgment of the gravity of the situation.

Lucinda, grappling with her overwhelming emotions, managed to utter words between her sobs. "You...," she began, her voice muffled by her trembling hands covering her mouth, "You all saved me... Thank you!" The words carried a mixture of pain and gratitude, echoing the harrowing experience she had just emerged from. Lucinda's declaration was met with a collective sigh of relief.

With a shared glance, you and Kim enveloped Lucinda in a comforting embrace. Your arms encircled her, offering a physical manifestation of the unspoken reassurance that everything would be okay. 

Within the echoing confines of the cave, Lucinda's cries reverberated, each sound a testament to the depths of her torment. The experience had been nothing short of terrifying, and you, intimately familiar with the pain she was enduring, gently ran your fingers through her hair in a gesture of comfort.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry for what I did!" Lucinda's agonized voice pierced through the air, the intensity of her pain reflected in the rising volume of her screams.

In response, you spoke with a softness that sought to counterbalance the echoes of distress. "You're free now, Lucinda... it's okay. None of it was your fault." Your fingers continued their soothing motion, an attempt to provide some solace amidst the chaos that had consumed her.

Lucinda, trembling with the remnants of her anxiety, cast her gaze toward her friends. Her tear-filled eyes searched for understanding and forgiveness, the weight of guilt heavy on her shoulders.