Lunch with the Valkrums

I have returned! Just slightly better

My immune system isn't as strong as a regular person, so I will be ill very often which prevents my creative flowing in to continue to book forward and re-edit the chapters I have a already done for the future chapters of this book. 

So on forth, I will do what I can to the story my own whilst matching the themes of each episode of Aphmau. I will also tweak some parts of the cannon lore to match it better with the reader's involvement within the story. 

I also want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all of you for the incredible patience, love, and support you've shown for this book. Nearly 50k reads and 2k likes? You guys are amazing! Thank you for your unwavering support, and I'm excited to continue this journey with you until the very end!

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 5, Page 13]

"But what makes you think that you're good enough for MY daughter?"

Lover's Lane... Travis's House... Author's POV; 

Terry's heart skipped a beat, his pupils dilating in disbelief as the word "B-boyfriend?" stumbled out of his daughter's lips. The revelation struck him with an unexpected force, catching him off guard as a father. He realized, in that moment, that he wasn't entirely prepared for this stage of parenthood, especially not to confront the reality that his little princess was now spending most of her time with another man. It was a revelation that sent shivers down his spine, a cocktail of fear and uncertainty swirling in his gut.

With a deliberate slowness that seemed to stretch the moment into eternity, Terry's hand began its ascent, fingers extending like tendrils of apprehension reaching out into the uncertain air, ultimately finding their mark as he pointed towards you and Garroth. Your arm, a slender contrast against his sturdy one, wrapped around it in a gesture of solidarity amidst the storm of emotions swirling around the room. Garroth's eyes widened imperceptibly, a flicker of panic darting across his features before he hastily adjusted his collar, fingers fumbling in a futile attempt to ease the tightening grip of nervousness around his throat.

It was evident that you had unwittingly thrust him into a situation for which he was entirely unprepared, leaving him teetering on the edge of uncertainty. Terry's gaze, heavy with a blend of disbelief and thinly veiled concern, bore down on both of you like a weighty judgment, dissecting every nuance of the scene before him. With a barely perceptible tremor in his voice, he clasped his hands together, the strain evident in the white-knuckled grip of his fingers as he mustered a smile that faltered at the edges.

"You mean to tell me..." Terry's words hung in the air like a fragile veil, pregnant with unspoken questions and uncharted territories, his brow twitching in a reflexive response to the turmoil churning within him. "...you and my little girl are 'dating'?"