Ready, Set, Job Hunt!

Today marks exactly one month since I released this book, and I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for your unwavering support

Today marks exactly one month since I released this book, and I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for your unwavering support. I especially want to thank those of you who have left comments because your feedback truly ignites my excitement to publish more chapters!

I'm committed to giving my best in crafting additional chapters and weaving this story into other series in the near future. Thank you again for being a part of this journey!

unedited chapter

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ ₍ᐢ . ̫.ᐢ₎♡₍ᐢ. ̫ .⑅ᐢ₎ ꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

"Ouch! It hurts!" my brother exclaimed as Aphmau tended to his fiery red sunburned skin. Aaron and I stood nearby, observing the scene.

"Shh, you're going to wake up Y/N!" Aphmau whispered-yelled as she gently applied Aloe vera to his arms. "If you'd just stand still, it wouldn't hurt so much!" Zane groaned in response, and I noticed Y/N turning in her sleep, peacefully resting in bed. She had been awake for a week, dedicating only 2-3 hours of sleep to diligently work on finishing her book chapters. Despite my desire to make her sleep, she insisted on not disturbing Emmalyn. Luckily, she could sleep soundly through loud noises.

"Sunburn is the worst," Zane complained.

"How did you get sunburned again?" Aaron inquired.

"All I did was walk from the parking lot to the hotel!" Zane began, "First, I got that dumb tan, and now this."

"It's your fault for falling asleep on the boat's deck," I teased, earning a fierce glare from Zane, one that seemed capable of burning a hole through my face.

"Hey! Shut up! Ah!" He screamed in pain.

"Hold still!" Aphmau scolded, her frustration evident as Zane mumbled to himself.

"So, Garroth, how was your interview yesterday?" Aaron changed the subject.

"It was..." I mumbled, "Okay?" I said hesitantly, letting out an awkward laugh before lowering my gaze with a hint of disappointment. "It didn't go so well, actually."

"Why? What happened?" Aaron probed.

"Well... I got so nervous about my first interview in a while that I unintentionally flirted with the interviewer," I admitted, rubbing my neck. "He merely asked about my greatest weakness, and I foolishly claimed that I get lost in his eyes. Then, when he mentioned he was married, I panicked and said my weakness was eating tacos. TA-COS. And I was applying for a position at Taco Bell," I ran my hands through my hair in frustration as I finished recounting the embarrassing ordeal.

Zane chuckled at my embarrassment, and Aphmau shot him a continuous stream of disapproving glares as she tried to apply more Aloe Vera to his sunburned skin.