The Ghosts of the Past

I have to apologize in advance as I am not including Garroth being stuck on the ground through this chapter

I have to apologize in advance as I am not including Garroth being stuck on the ground through this chapter. As much as I love his goofy antics, I'm making him slightly serious but I will try to add bits and bits of his comedic personality. 

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 CHAPTER 4, Pg. 3 」

Third Person; 

As the soft light reflected off Lucinda's face, she found herself stirring awake, rubbing her groggy eyes. A low, sleepy groan escaped her lips as she slowly sat up in her sleeping bag. Glancing around the room, she noticed Y/N and Garroth cuddled together, seeking warmth as the lodge had grown colder during the night. Aaron lay nearby, sleeping peacefully, his breathing steady.

Lucinda's gaze then turned to Kim, who was noticeably absent from her sleeping bag. This discovery widened her eyes in surprise, and she quickly stood up, frantically scanning the room for her missing friend. "Kim?!" Lucinda exclaimed in a panic, checking behind the couch. "Guys! Wake up, please!" she urgently called out to her slumbering friends.

Y/N was the first to awaken, her vision initially blurry as she slowly attempted to stand. However, she found herself restrained by an arm wrapped around her waist. "Garroth," Y/N said, her voice laced with weariness as she gently shook her boyfriend awake. Garroth responded with a groggy groan, his eyes reluctantly opening. "Honey, wake up, please. Lucinda just yelled."

"But I'm so comfortable..." Garroth protested, tightening his hold on Y/N.

"Huh...? What's going on?" Aaron mumbled, slowly rising from his sleeping bag. His eyes remained closed as he struggled to speak.

"Guys, please! Something's happened!" Lucinda continued to panic as she approached her drowsy friends.

"Fine," Garroth grumbled, releasing his grasp on Y/N. She reached for her glasses and rubbed her eyes, searching for them in the dimly lit room. Garroth, on the other hand, stretched and reluctantly opened his eyes as the couple finally got to their feet.

"What's the matter?" Garroth groaned, smacking his lips together, his mouth parched from sleep.

"Have any of you seen Kim?!" Lucinda questioned urgently.

"We just woke up..." Aaron complained, adjusting his clothing as he slowly got to his feet.

"Yeah, I was so comfortable just now. Do you know how cold it is in here?" Garroth chimed in, trying to rouse himself fully.

"Mmm..." Y/N, now wearing her glasses, tied her hair into a loose ponytail with a blue bow. "Wasn't Kim cuddling with you last night?"

"She was there when we went to sleep last night, but..." Lucinda started, her voice filled with concern, "... when I woke up, she was gone."