Shielding Butterflies

Changing my writing style a bit to help connect YOU to the story more

Changing my writing style a bit to help connect YOU to the story more. I realized after reading some of my chapters I barely felt connected and honestly that's my bad. It's not a big change, just a lot of "you's" ~

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 CHAPTER 4, Pg. 4 」

Garroth's POV; 

Scrub, scrub, scrub – that repetitive task had consumed most of Aaron's and my day. However, the concern for Kim's well-being continued to gnaw at the back of my mind considering it's been a few days since she fainted in the room that we had found her and Zane in, making it difficult to concentrate on our cleaning duties. My thoughts were preoccupied with her condition, and I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled in my chest. It was just enough to make me feel a bit dejected as I've barely feel my half of the big furnished room. 

I couldn't shake the feeling of stress and apprehension that had gripped me, and I let out a deep sigh as I continued scrubbing away at the stubborn stains on the kitchen counter. The sound of approaching footsteps pulled me from my thoughts, and I turned to see Aaron hurrying toward me. His steps were quick, and his furrowed brow indicated his own concerns.

"Hey, Garroth," he called out, his voice filled with genuine worry. I shifted slightly, avoiding eye contact and struggling to put my feelings into words. "What's wrong?" he asked, holding a sponge that had seen much more use than mine in the past hour.

I hesitated for a moment, then shook my head in response. Leaning against the worn wooden counter, I felt the weight of my worry press upon me. "I'm just really worried about Kim..."

Aaron tried to offer reassurance. "She's going to be fine. Everyone is looking after her right now."

His words were kind and meant to comfort me, but the uncertainty still gnawed at me. It was true; since we'd found Kim, you and the rest of our friends had been taking turns caring for her as she lay unconscious on one of the couches downstairs. But even as I heard Aaron's words, the unease remained, and I couldn't help but wonder if there was more to this unsettling situation than met the eye.

"I hope she's okay," I sighed, my hidden despair simmering beneath the surface. I tried to push it away, to lighten the weight that seemed to press down on me. "It's been a few days, and she's still not 100 percent herself. I'm just... really worried about her. Who's going to do a mall day with me?" I lamented, my thoughts drifting to the fun-filled mall days I'd shared with Kim. Recently, we'd been spending more time together, especially after she confessed her feelings for Laurence. Our mall excursions had become a shared ritual, where makeovers, shopping, and laughter were the order of the day.