Aaron's Gift

I have been out with a really bad flu that I could barely get up for work nonetheless write more chapters for this so I apologize

Heavily unedited

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 5, Page 8]
"As long as I see you under it"

Lover's Lane... Garroth's House... Garroth's POV;

The bitter chill of winter had settled over our quaint little neighborhood, signaling the passage of months since Aphmau's journey toward recovery had commenced. As the frost adorned the windowsills with delicate patterns, our cozy abode became a haven of warmth and camaraderie. Gathered within its welcoming embrace were you, Kim, Kawaii-chan, Zane, and myself, each of us bustling about with the joyful task of wrapping gifts for our loved ones.

The crackling fireplace cast a comforting glow upon the room, illuminating the flurry of activity as rolls of colorful wrapping paper were unfurled and ribbons were meticulously tied into elegant bows. The air was filled with the tantalizing aroma of freshly baked cookies, a delightful accompaniment to the laughter that bubbled forth from our lips like a melody, weaving its way through the air and enveloping us in its embrace.

It's been an exhilarating whirlwind of emotions these past few weeks. While the majority of our time has been dedicated to your recovery and healing, there have been precious moments stolen amidst the chaos. Travis and Laurence, dear friends and confidants, have become unlikely allies in the quest for the perfect ring to adorn your finger.

The discussions have been a delightful blend of practicality and sentimentality, as we weigh the merits of various designs and stones, each one vying to encapsulate the depth of my love for you. Yet, amidst the excitement and fervent planning, there looms a significant step that I have yet to undertake - seeking your father's blessing.

The mere thought of broaching this subject with your father fills me with a heady mixture of anticipation and trepidation. While I've shared my intentions openly with our circle of friends, the prospect of facing your father, a man of great stature and formidable presence, feels daunting. Our conversations have been sporadic at best, his demanding schedule often serving as a barrier between us.

As I contemplate the gravity of this momentous step, I find myself grappling with a myriad of emotions. Fear of rejection mingles with a deep-seated desire for his approval, a nod of recognition that would validate the depth of my commitment to you. And so, with a heart heavy with uncertainty yet buoyed by unwavering love, I steel myself for the daunting task ahead - seeking your father's blessing to embark on this journey of a lifetime with you.