I Choose You [Season Finale]

unedited chapter;

unedited chapter;

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 5, Page 15]
"as long as we're together..."

Lover's Lane... Author's POV; 

With a genuine sincerity in his voice, Garroth uttered those life-changing words, his smile widening as he drew you close, his hands resting gently on your waist. Your eyes widened in utter astonishment. Garroth, known for his thoughtful nature rather than impulsive acts, had thrown caution to the wind in this private moment between just the two of you. The weight of his proposal hung in the air, electrifying the atmosphere with anticipation and disbelief.

In that breathtaking moment, you felt as though your heart might burst with a kaleidoscope of emotions. Was this real? Could it truly be happening? The man you'd cherished for so long, Garroth Ro'Meave was offering you a future filled with love and promise.

"A-are you serious?" You stammered, your voice quivering with a mix of excitement and uncertainty. It felt as though the world had paused, holding its breath in anticipation of your response. The golden hues of the setting sun bathed the scene in a warm glow, casting a romantic aura over the two of you. In that tender moment, your souls intertwined, dancing to the rhythm of a love so pure and true.

With deliberate grace, Garroth withdrew his hands, his movements deliberate as he reached into the depths of his jeans pocket. A quiet gasp escaped your lips as you felt his warmth slowly recede, replaced by a nervous anticipation that pulsed between you.

Instinctively, your hands found their way to Garroth's shoulders, mirroring his descent as he crouched down before you. Your heart raced, the rush of emotions swirling within you threatening to overwhelm your senses. This surreal moment, unfolding on the quiet sidewalk, felt like a scene from a dream.

Garroth's soft chuckle broke through the stillness, his eyes sparkling with a mixture of excitement and affection. With one knee firmly planted on the ground, he met your gaze with unwavering determination, his fingers deftly retrieving a small object from his pocket.

Your breath caught in your throat as he presented the velvet box, its red and white hues reminiscent of a cherished memory. With trembling hands, Garroth lifted the lid, revealing a sight that took your breath away: nestled within the confines of the box lay a delicate rose gold ring, adorned with a mesmerizing rose quartz gem.

It was the ring, the very symbol of his mother's love and blessing, a token of her unwavering affection for you. 

"Dead serious," Garroth's voice broke through the silence, his words hanging in the air like a gentle breeze on a quiet afternoon. Yet, despite his earnestness, you remained speechless, caught in the surreal haze of disbelief. It felt as though you were suspended in a dream, waiting for the moment when reality would come crashing back in.