Shadows of the Sun [Season Finale, Part 2]

unedited chapter

unedited chapter

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 4, Page 21]

In the woods... Third Person POV; 

In the heart of the dense forest, a labyrinth of towering trees and tangled underbrush, you, Garroth, and Kim raced through the shadows in pursuit of Zane. The urgency in the air was palpable, spurred on by Aaron's revelation that Zane had veered off in a specific direction, a solitary path away from Ein and Aphmau.

Your fingers were tightly interlocked with Garroth's, a lifeline amidst the chaos as the trio surged forward. Garroth clutched a vial containing the antidote, the key to releasing Zane from the mysterious enchantment that had befallen him. Kim, her ethereal companion lingering close, darted behind you, a spectral wisp guiding her movements as she called out Zane's name with an undertone of desperation.

"Zane!" Garroth's voice echoed through the forest, a desperate plea cutting through the rustle of leaves and the distant calls of unseen creatures. The brothers, bound by blood and a shared history, pressed on with unrelenting determination.

The dappled sunlight filtered through the thick canopy overhead, casting fleeting shadows that danced around you. Each step felt like a heartbeat, the forest closing in around you, amplifying the gravity of the situation. Garroth's calls for his younger sibling reverberated, a mix of concern and sibling love woven into the syllables.

"Baby brother! Please!" The plea lingered in the air, a poignant echo of familial concern that resonated through the ancient woods. The potion in Garroth's grasp shimmered with a faint glow, a beacon of hope amid the uncertainty that surrounded Zane's whereabouts. The trio pressed on, navigating the snow-covered forest the light of the sun making the snow glow.  

Amidst this natural spectacle, Kim's urgent cry broke through the rhythmic sounds of footsteps, her voice laced with a sense of both physical and emotional exhaustion. Her breath quickened, an audible manifestation of her racing heart, as she came to an abrupt halt. The sudden cessation of movement grabbed the attention of both you and Garroth, freezing the trio in a moment of collective pause.

"It feels like we've been running for hours," Kim panted, her words hanging in the air like mist in the early morning, "How sure are we that he really went in this direction?"

Garroth, his own breaths mirroring the rhythm of the forest, released your hand with a reluctant acknowledgment of the physical toll the pursuit had taken. He stepped forward to stand beside Kim, his eyes reflecting a mix of determination and concern. His words, spoken with conviction, sought to reassure her, "I know it's taking a really long time, but I trust what Aaron had to say. If he claimed that Zane ran in this direction, then we have to keep trying!"