Emerald Eyes

Basically a second part of the 6th episode that I had worked on after the recent chapter

Basically a second part of the 6th episode that I had worked on after the recent chapter. So 2 chapters in one day <3

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 CHAPTER 4, Pg. 7」

A few minutes ago... Garroth's POV; 

As we stood at the crossroads, uncertainty hung in the air, shrouding us in a cloud of tension. The cave's walls seemed to constrict around me, making it increasingly difficult to draw a full breath. My heart raced in my chest, driven by the urgency of our mission to find both you and Zane.

"This is going to be interesting," Aaron commented, his voice laced with curiosity, his eyes darting between the two potential paths that stretched before us. His words hinted at the unpredictability of our situation, amplifying the unease that had settled upon us.

The palpable tension extended to the group, and as they deliberated, I found myself struggling to focus on their conversation. Instead, I placed my trembling hands on my knees, attempting to steady myself while my thoughts whirled with fear and hope.

Aaron pointed decisively to the right path, his voice carrying a sense of intuition. "Guys, I think we should go that way," he suggested, drawing the attention of the group. His eyes met Aphmau's, soft and earnest, as he explained his gut feeling.

"But why?" Aphmau inquired, casting a dubious gaze at him, a hint of skepticism in her tone.

"I just have a strong feeling that's all," Aaron admitted, his confidence unwavering. "But it seems like he was taken this way."

Lucinda, however, challenged Aaron's suggestion with a mix of frustration and doubt. "Feeling?" she retorted with disbelief. "You're determining Zane and Y/N's whereabouts based on a feeling?" Her words carried an undercurrent of tension as she locked her gaze on Aaron, who shifted back in response to her unexpected reaction.

"It's uh... it's just a hunch," Aaron's conviction remained, and he took a step toward the entrance of the right path. He wanted to trust his intuition, believing that it could guide us in the right direction.

Lucinda, though hesitant, stood her ground. "I'm just not sure," she confessed, her voice laced with uncertainty. She gestured to the left path. "I have a feeling that Zane was taken, and Y/N headed this way." Her decision seemed somewhat hypocritical, considering her initial skepticism of Aaron's intuition.

The weight of our impending decision pressed upon me, and I couldn't bear the thought of the group arguing further. Desperation clawed at me, urging us to continue our search for both you and Zane.