Underneath the Mistletoe ♡ part 2

Edited; March 28, 2024

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 1, Page 6]

My Street... Aphmau's Kitchen... Your POV;

Ignoring my stinging hands and Garroth's concerned inquiry about my well-being, I quickly scan the area to see if any cookies had fallen due to my little accident, "Oh gosh I hope I didn't spill any of the cookies, it'd be such a waste" Garroth's brow arches higher as he observes my laser focus on the oven, an amused smile tugging at the corner of his lips. 

"You're really worried about those cookies, huh?" he remarks, his voice tinged with both disbelief and fondness.

I can't help but blush slightly at his observation, realizing how my concern might appear a bit odd given the circumstances. "Well, they took a lot of effort to make," I explain with a sheepish grin. "And I was really looking forward to decorating them and sharing them with everyone else."

He chuckles softly, shaking his head in amusement. "You're something else."

I can't meet his gaze for too long without feeling my cheeks grow warmer, so I break our eye contact to focus on the oven once more. Everything seems to be in order – no cookies have tumbled off their trays, and the delicious aroma still wafts through the air. With a relieved sigh, I finally allow myself to relax a bit.

"See? All safe and sound," I say, my voice filled with satisfaction. "No cookie left behind."

Garroth lets out a laugh, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "I'm glad to hear that."

As we share this lighthearted moment, the tension from earlier starts to dissipate. It's moments like these that remind me of the simplicity and warmth of everyday life, even in the midst of unexpected events. In that surreal moment, as his intense gaze locks onto mine and our eyes seem to connect on a level beyond words, I feel a mixture of anticipation and nervousness. The colorful Christmas lights surrounding us add a magical touch to the scene, illuminating his features and making his ocean-blue eyes shine even brighter.

My attention is so absorbed by his gaze that his voice seems to break through a distant fog. "Y/N?" he says, his voice a gentle call that draws me back to reality.

My heart skips a beat as I try to collect myself, my heterochromia eyes momentarily flickering before settling back on his gaze. "Y-yeah?" I manage to respond, my voice betraying the flustered state of my mind.

Garroth's seriousness is evident in the way he holds my gaze and speaks, and it only adds to my intrigue. "I need to ask you something, quite serious actually..." His words hang in the air, laden with unspoken weight.