Don't Take Her Away From Me!

Truly felt like a rollercoaster writing this whole thing

Truly felt like a rollercoaster writing this whole thing. But honestly worth it

unedited

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 4, Page 15]

In the forest... Y/N's POV; 

The sounds of the crunchy snow beneath our boots echoed through the desolate, frozen landscape, creating an eerie symphony that seemed to resonate in our ears with each step. The winds of the snow blizzard relentlessly howled, sending shivers down our spines and gnawing at any exposed skin. It was as if the very elements themselves were determined to push us to our limits.

Aaron, our intrepid leader, was setting a relentless pace, his determination evident in every stride. With each passing moment, he seemed to grow more resolute, his boots crunching into the snow with a rhythmic urgency that spurred us onward. Garroth and I struggled to maintain a small but ever-widening distance between us and our determined friend, our breaths forming frosty clouds in the frigid air.

As we trudged deeper into the heart of the blizzard, the very air felt heavy with the weight of our exertion. My legs, weighed down by the accumulation of snow on my boots, were beginning to ache, and fatigue crept into my every muscle. I wanted to stop and rest, to let my weary body recover, but the biting cold and the thought of falling behind kept me going.

"Aaron!" Garroth's voice cut through the biting winds, his call filled with a mixture of worry and urgency. I quickened my pace to catch up with Aaron, who was seemingly driven by desperation and a single-minded determination to locate Lucinda, Zane, and Aphmau.

As Aaron came to an abrupt stop, I exchanged a concerned look with Garroth. This was our chance to talk some sense into him. "Aaron, I don't think running around like this is going to work," I ventured, maintaining a cautious distance, my words laden with concern for our well-being.

Garroth, holding onto my shoulder, added, "The storm is only getting worse. We need to turn back." But Aaron remained unmoving, lost in his own world of determination.

"We're going to get lost if we continue moving forward like this, Aaron," I pleaded, taking a step closer. The sound of my boots crunching in the snow made Aaron flinch, a stark reminder of the dangerous reality we faced.

Garroth, genuinely worried for Aaron's safety, inched closer, gripping Aaron's shoulder, hoping to get through to him. "Aaron, we care about them just as much as you do, but we won't be any use to them if we freeze to death!"

Garroth continued to call out to Aaron, his voice filled with heartfelt concern. Slowly, I stepped forward, my heart pounding, as I approached Aaron. His eyes were closed, his breathing steady and measured, as if he were trying to focus or concentrate on something beyond the harsh conditions that surrounded us. It was a moment of eerie stillness in the midst of the raging blizzard, as we waited, hoping that Aaron would emerge from his inner turmoil with a new perspective.