So it Begins...

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Chapter 4, Page 14]

In the Lodge... Third Person Perspective; 

The room was bathed in a soft, warm glow from the flickering candles that adorned its corners. You and Garroth were enjoying a rare moment of peace and intimacy, nestled in each other's arms, when the abrupt interruption of Kim's sudden entrance shattered the tranquility. She stumbled into the room, her eyes wide and vacant, a far cry from the spirited and lively friend you knew her to be.

Garroth, his eyes filled with concern, instinctively called out for help, his voice echoing through the chamber. It wasn't long before the heavy footsteps of Aaron resounded in the corridor, his signature red jacket slung casually around his waist as he clutched a pickaxe in his hand. He hurriedly entered the room, his eyebrows furrowed in a mix of confusion and alarm.

"Garroth, what's going on?!" Aaron's voice was laced with anxiety as he assessed the scene before him. Kim lay sprawled on the cold stone floor, her head resting gently on your lap. As Aaron knelt beside you and Garroth, he cast a worried glance at Kim, his deep black eyes filled with questions and a touch of fear.

"Huh, what happened?" Aaron inquired, unable to hide his concern as he tried to piece together the unsettling tableau before him.

Garroth began to explain the perplexing turn of events, his voice quivering with anxiety. "We don't know, Aaron! Y/N and I were just having a quiet moment, and then Kim burst in acting strangely. The lights flickered, and she collapsed right here."

You nodded in agreement, your fingers gently combing through Kim's hair as you monitored her breathing. "She's been acting odd all day, Aaron. It was as if something or someone had taken control of her. I can't quite explain it, but I could feel an inexplicable darkness surrounding her."

Aaron's concern deepened as he observed Kim's unconscious form. "Is she breathing?"

You offered a reassuring nod, your fingers never leaving Kim's hair. "Yes, Aaron, she's breathing normally. It seems like she's just fainted, but we're not sure what caused it."

The room remained silent for a moment, broken only by the soft crackling of the candles and the distant echoes of footsteps in the castle's corridors. The three of you exchanged worried glances, united in your shared concern for your friend. Aaron's strong presence, mixed with the palpable anxiety in the room, made the situation all the more surreal.

As you continued to tend to Kim, a sense of foreboding hung in the air, and questions swirled in your minds. What had caused her sudden collapse, and why had she been acting so strangely? It was a mystery that demanded unraveling, and the determined expressions on your faces conveyed your shared resolve to get to the bottom of this perplexing situation.