Cheating Messenger

Let's start off with Travis's POV 

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 ✦ C H A P T E R 3, P A G E 3✦ 」

After countless attempts to reach Katelyn, her voicemail was the closest I got to hearing her voice, assuring me that she was okay. What could she possibly be doing that's more fun than talking to yours truly? Well, trick question – nothing is better than talking to the one and only Travis Valkrum.

I settled down on one of the boxes scattered around our so-called "living room." Dante and I hadn't gone furniture shopping yet, mainly because our pockets were feeling rather light, and we were swamped with work, taking extra shifts to stack up some cash.

"Hey, it's Katelyn. Sorry I can't get to the phone right now, probably busy sleeping. Leave me a message, and I'll get back to you ASAP. That's a TEXT message, voicemail takes forever to go through. Have an awesome day!" Katelyn's voicemail played, followed by the beep that signaled my opportunity to leave a message. I sighed, disappointed that I couldn't reach her once again.

"H-hey, Katelyn," I stammered into the voicemail, "So, I was uh, just wondering if you got my text messages... I've been trying to get in touch with you since yesterday to see if you wanted to go to a movie or something. J-JUST AS FRIENDS, of course!" Panic was evident in my voice as I stepped down from the box and started pacing back and forth. "I know we're, like... on the fence about the whole relationship thing... Yeah, just give me a call when you can. BYE!" With that, I ended the voicemail, hoping against hope that she would listen to it.

"Well, that was awkward," Dante remarked as he entered the room, his hands in his pockets, swaying slightly as he picked up on the awkward vibe. "So, Travis, real bro talk. You sounded pretty desperate there... I thought you and Katelyn were strictly friends after that whole summer thing." His words hit the nail on the head. I did sound desperate, but I also wanted to respect her space.

"We are, it's just that... I'm kinda worried about her, you know?" I began, leaning against one of the boxes. "Usually, she's good at responding to text messages and phone calls, but she hasn't been lately. I'm just hoping she's okay. I tried calling Y/N, Aphmau, and Kawaii-chan to see if they've seen her around, but no answers from them either." It was becoming a pattern with the ladies in our group.

"Why don't you go check up on her, then?" Dante suggested, pointing towards her house.

"Um, heh," I chuckled awkwardly, "Dante, I've only been calling her for a day. Going to check on her for not answering ONE text message is a little extreme, don't you think?"

Dante laughed, "Says the one who called her friends just to see what she's been up to." My face reddened at the sudden realization that I had already done part of the "extreme." "If that's the case, then just take it easy! She's probably busy with the move and everything. I mean, hey, we've been busy, Our place isn't even furnished yet," Dante reassured me as he gestured around our empty living room and kitchen. The acoustics in our house were fantastic, creating a perfect echo for singing your heart out – it'd make any singer sound like an angel.