The Storm Begins

I'm temporarily putting my work on "Lessons in Love" on hold to concentrate on this book

I'm temporarily putting my work on "Lessons in Love" on hold to concentrate on this book. This way, I can ensure a smoother flow in the story and avoid any potential plot holes.

unedited cha

── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ─── ── ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ───

「 CHAPTER 4, Pg. 5」

Y/N's POV; 

As we perused the options presented to us in the grocery store, I gazed out the window, my hands absently rubbing my arms. The sun was sinking, and a blanket of gray clouds began to shroud its diminishing light. Delicate white snowflakes cascaded from the sky, each one bearing intricate patterns as they gently added to the layer of snow already blanketing the ground.

I cupped my hands before my mouth, feeling the warmth of my breath against my skin, lost in the captivating spectacle unfolding beyond the store's windows. The murmurs of my friends and Leo engrossed in conversation, faded into the background as I became entranced by the mesmerizing winter scene.

At that moment, from the corner of my eye, I spotted a familiar figure with a distinctive purple head and striking green eyes – Mei'Fwa – dashing frantically from the streets toward the store. Bursting through the entrance, the first words out of her mouth were, "Liochant! There's a big storm coming!"

Her urgent declaration immediately grabbed the attention of and my friends, prompted us to pivot towards Leo, eager to gauge his reaction. We hastily congregated around the front counter, anxiety mounting as we awaited Michi's important news.

"Michi?!" Leo exclaimed in surprise, "Where did you hear about this?"

"It's all over the radio right now!" Michi shouted, rushing close to Leo's face as she continued in her panicked state. The impending storm news had us all on edge, hanging on to her every word.

"The radio...?" Leo questioned, his head tilting to the side for a moment before a sudden realization washed over him, causing him to gasp loudly. "My radio's in the back room! Be right back, I need to get it." With that, he dashed to the open door behind him to retrieve the radio and confirm the troubling news.

"Michi!" Aaron and Aphmau called out in unison as I stood between them, my arms crossed defensively. While I harbored reservations about her presence after our last encounter, I couldn't ignore the urgency in her warning. Still, it made me wonder how she had ended up in this remote place.

"Who...?" Kim inquired, scrutinizing the purple-haired Mei'fwa who appeared just as surprised to see us.

"W-wait... you guys are-" Michi stuttered, her hand trembling as she pointed at each of us.