The Twin (Part 9)

Info - confession of cheating, gloating, breaking someone's heart

"You love me?" I asked in shock on our walk home. It was the first time I'd been able to speak since what happened outside the old classroom. Timothée was dragging several yards behind us, kicking stones at his brother's ankles but he didn't seem to notice.

"Yeah, I realized it was how I felt and knew it was a word I wanted to share with you," he said. He tried to press me against a tree and kiss me. I must not have been very enthusiastic, but he pulled back and looked cornered.

"What's up?" He asked.

"The timing is just really shitty Luke," I said with tears in my eyes.

"Why, you love me and I love you," he said with a happy smile.

"I don't," I shook my head.

"Don't want baby girl?" He asked, obviously not getting it.

"I don't love you anymore," I said, biting my lip.

"You're joking right?" Luke asked with a scoff.

"Timothée and I had sex, I cheated on you," I said plainly.

"Y-you wouldn't."

"While we were in that classroom, we fucked," I said.

"Ha ha ha! I win. You always think you can do better than me. She likes me, she cheated on you with me!" Timothée pointed his finger in his brothers face. He grabbed me and kissed me full on the mouth. Luke pulled him off me, but he couldn't pull away Timothée's enthusiastic smile.

"I love you, I can finally tell you! I love you and adore you. I can't wait for all the things we'll do together," Timothée said, breaking from his brother's grasp and coming to me, holding my face in his large hands. I was sobbing now.

"No," I said plainly. Timothée broke. I watched his face crumple.

"B-but you don't love him. We had sex," he reminded me.

"I know, I'm just going to be single. Obviously I don't do relationships well," I said.

"So you don't care about me?" He asked with a sniff.

"No, I do, I really do, but us isn't smart. Your family will hate me. We got here by cheating."

"I don't care, I don't care I love you. You're all I want," he wept.

"Yeah, I love you too Timothée, but I don't know if that's a good thing. I don't know if it's good that you're my exact type either."

"Don't do this to me. One more thing ripped away by my stupid brother. This is silly, we love each other and you want to be single?"

"I think it's the best idea," I said slowly.

"I'm not going to give up you know. The end goal was me and you, not just you without Luke."

"Goodbye Timothée," I said, pressing a soft kiss to the corner of his mouth.

"Y/n," he said in a choked voice. I pulled out of his grasp and walked away, and didn't turn back.

"You're just prolonging the inevitable! I won't give you up!" He called after me and I cried harder.