The Orphan Maker (P14)

Warnings - abusive parents. Drinking, kidnapping, breaking trust, panic, lies, serial killer, psychopathy, toxic relationship, water breaking

Timothée's POV

"Please mommy, put it down," I cringed as I heard the little girl's voice beg. Margret, she was begging, like she did most nights.

For the first time, I wore a disguise. I hated it, I knew it would scare the child, but I couldn't kill. The girl was so small and thin. She was too young to be trying to wrestle the bottle from her mother's hands. Her mother easily pushed her aside. Margret fell hard against the wall. Anger rose inside me. I stepped out and the woman screamed. I hated doing this in front of the child, but I needed to. I tied up the mother quickly. I made sure everything was tight. I pushed her into a closet and locked it, propping a chair against the door. She banged, but in the area she lived in, no one would notice.

"Margret," I said and whipped off my mask.

"Who are you?" Her tiny voice asked.

"I'm your guardian Angel, come with me."

I was able to get Margret into second Heaven without y/n noticing. She was heavily pregnant now, in the last month of her pregnancy. I had secretly had renovations done while she and I were out with her friends. I hated her friends, they were all vapid, and not good enough for her. She seemed happier though, and that made me happy. Finally, there was a hidden room off my hidden room. Y/n would be caring for the children and the new baby, so she wouldn't notice. I was feeling less anxious.

It only lasted three days. She stomped to me and grabbed my arm roughly, she locked us in the bedroom.

"Care to explain this," she snarled, throwing the newspaper down on the bed. The headline said "The Orphan Maker Changing Things Up?"

"What the fuck!"

"I didn't kill anyone," I said.

"Sure, but that woman wouldn't be found rotting in her own closet if you hadn't gotten involved!"

"She was an abusive asshole!"

"I don't care! You lied to me," she wailed.

"Think of someone other than yourself! You bent the rules by going out with friends when you said you were mine!"

"You're fucking insane, how can you compare kidnapping and seeing friends? I have a fucking tracker behind my ear Timothée, you're the one who is selfish, and I've thought it for a while," she yelled.

"How am I selfish?" I demanded.

"You're damning these children!"

"I saved them!"

"And put them in another impossible situation. They'll never be able to go to school, or have a partner, or go out. What was your plan? You were so focused on being the hero you didn't think. They have no life now. They may feel good now, but you can't be a good parent to all these kids, there's so many, we can barely handle it as it is!"

I couldn't take the words she was hurling at me. I couldn't breathe. This was the first time since she'd left that panic consumed me. She'd never seen me like this. I tried to get breath into my lungs. I couldn't handle the weight she'd just laid on my shoulders.

"Timothée?" She said with worry. I was shaking.

"Oh no! Timmy I know you're panicking, but my water just broke," she said.