|° CHAPTER 55°|

CHAPTER 55

AUTHOR'S POV

The haunted silence, the markers,the monuments,the tombstone creating a serene and reflective atmosphere

Dried trees and dead flowers failing to provide a touch of natural calmness amidst these laid the  the deceased to rest.

Getting up from his knees Arjun pushed away the dead dried flowers from the tombstone and replaced it with fresh flowers .

He stood in silence staring at the tomb stone, blank and emotionless. The blackness and coldness returning back to his heart, blood running cold.

He clenched his teeth so hard that a muscle trickled in his jaw.

The black shirt and black pant he wore replicated his extract feeling of the moment , looking at the tombstone for one last time he stormed out the graveyard and started his bike.

Rash driving /over speed was not something new to him but today he felt the wind which caressed his hairs were much more powerful,like something special,something beautiful wanted him to calm down and smile.

Reaching his flats, Arjun opened his house door.

"Boo" Keerthana screamed to which Arjun did not even flinch

"Aye! React something nah! So unafraid  you are!" She said disappointed with a pout as she moved aside to let him in.

"What are you doing here?"Arjun asked as he removed his shoes

"That was rude! Welcome me at-least"

"How did you mange to get in? Did you squeeze in from the key hole? He asked

Keerthana looked at herself then at the door and tried to imagine her squeaking in and shake her  head to avoid such thoughts

"You did not answer me yet Keerthana!"Arjun asked as he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge .

Keerthana looked at Arjun weirdly! Not cause he was acting rude he had been rude her it was not new but he called her Keerthana!

Her name from his mouth always felt like the entire world had been pronouncing her name wrong all the while! But now he voice was empty it had no life, no sparks or butterflies.

"You once told me the key will always lay under the door mat" Keerthana sat this time her voice went a 3 times lower .

Arjun hummed!

"Your joining for the Goa trip?!" Keerthana asked, she wanted to talk, pull that sad shit she see beneath his brown orbs .

"Nope"

"Why?join us please" Kiki said as she sat on the kitchen counter

"I thought you did not want to join and here your forcing me to join?!" Arjun asked as he did the dishes in sink