- 𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 -

It had been about ten years since the war ended. Izuku's quirk hadn't left like All Might predicted. But he simply accepted that this was his fate and that he had his family to support him.

They were now in their mid twenties. Shinso had ended up marrying the one and only Denki Kaminari and going against Aizawa's rule about 'no loud blondes'. The two had graduated U.A and were both working as pro heroes.

As for Izuku and Katsuki, their bond had simply grown stronger, becoming the number one and number two heroes. They opened their own hero agency and were now known as the Wonder Duo. They were constantly busy and it made it hard for them to have alone time. So it was at moments like these, where they were taking a break together on a high building roof in the middle of the city, that they felt like they were a normal couple.

"What did you make me for lunch?" Izuku questioned with a smile.

"Who knows. You'll have to wait for lunch I guess." Katsuki shrugged and Izuku gasped pretending to be offended.

"But I'm hungryyyy!" Izuku whined laying his head on Katsuki's shoulder. Izuku hadn't gotten that much better at cooking which made Katsuki responsible for food. What change was that at least now, he could handle spicy food.

"Babe, it's not even noon yet." Katsuki smiled amused, taking off his gauntlets.

"We've been on patrol since five this morning." Izuku whined hoping to convince Katsuki.

"Well, even so, I didn't bring lunch, they're at the agency." Katsuki shrugged, thinking he won the debate.

Izuku grinned taking out bento boxes out of his bag and Katsuki left out a laugh. "Good that I came prepared." Izuku grinned handing the one to Katsuki.

"Ground Zero and Deku speaking, we're taking a thirty." Katsuki said through an ear piece they were asked to wear at all time.

Roger that love birds you- Katsuki cut the communication at their friend's antiques.

"Kirishima.." Izuku sighed as he took out chopsticks from his bag, handing a pair to Katsuki.

"He can't keep his mouth shut for one second." Katsuki grumbled taking his own bento.

Izuku giggled and put his hands together, Katsuki doing the same.

"Thank you for the food"

They took their first bites in silence, enjoying their presence and the flavory food Katsuki prepared for them.

"I heard that Shoto started fixing things up with his parents." Izuku said trying to create conversation.

"Yeah, was about time. That old man keeps coming to the agency to talk to him and it's getting on my nerves." Katsuki stated munching aggressively on his food.

Izuku laughed and stole, not so discreetly, a pork from Katsuki's meal.

"Hey!" Katsuki defended taking his food and protecting it. "You got your own food, eat it." He glared at him and Izuku laughed pecking his cheek and took an other piece of his food in the process.

"But it's better when it comes from you." He grinned sheepishly and took a piece from his own. "Look, try mine, you'll see what I mean." Izuku opened his mouth, showing Katsuki to do the same. When he got the occasion, he gave him a piece.

Katsuki smirked, Izuku was 'an adorable piece of shit' like Katsuki always called him. "See? It's much better." Izuku smiled at him making Katsuki chuckle and he moved forward grabbing an other kiss.

"I think it's because you're the one who fed me. Not the food." Katsuki smirked watching Izuku because flashing red.

"WHa- No! It's the food I tell you!" Izuku argued flustered.

Katsuki smirked pointing at his own portion and then at his mouth. Izuku got the message taking an other piece and feeding it to Katsuki.

"Yeah I'm right, it's because of you that it tastes better." Katsuki chuckled after swallowing his food.

"Mpf." Izuku huffed as he ate his food in silence to show he was 'mad' which only resulted in Katsuki laughing.

"You're such a baby." Katsuki chuckled staring at Izuku.

Izuku smiled slightly as he looked at Katsuki with a blush covering his cheeks. "You're lucky I love you or I would have dumped you ages ago."

"Mhm, well, I guess I'm a real lucky man." Katsuki smiled, gulping nervously as he saw Izuku's almost empty bento box.

Izuku smiled as he ate an other piece of pork and he was confused when he saw something at the bottom. Katsuki chuckled as he saw Izuku look at the object and Katsuki back and forth.

"So?" Katsuki smirked as he looked at Izuku who was now on the verge of tears. "Don't leave me hanging, it's embarrassing enough." Katsuki scratched his neck nervously, he hated to admit that his heart was beating so fast he thought it would come out of his chest.

"So.. you're proposing to me.. through a bento..?" Izuku asked still processing the information.

"Yeah, most original idea I could find. Not gonna lie, was scared you'd swallow it with the rest of the meal." Katsuki smiled uncertainly. "So.. is that a no.. or a yes?"

They both get startled when an explosion is seen from afar, they got up ready to leave but Izuku held Katsuki back, noticing how he looked embarrassed and disappointed.

"It's a yes Kacchan, we'll beat villains till the day we die." Izuku answered his last question and the smile on Katsuki's face was brighter than ever.

"Let's start that now." Katsuki smirked bringing Izuku for a kiss. "Let's kick that vilains ass."

Sometimes in life, you have to take a leap of faith. Trust yourself with your abilities, trust that even if it seems impossible, it's possible. That even if no one is smiling at you, you can smile for yourself. Some will even hope you'll fall, lose, give up.. but do you want to know what? Walk forward, let them look at your back while they laugh. And when you are at the top, that's when you look back at them.

And remember

You walked that path

You smiled through it

You accepted your defeats

Celebrated your victories

And at the end, you can tell them.

That they were wrong

That you could do it

That you can raise your fist with pride.

And remember...

That you were able to prove them wrong

THE END

This marks the end of Prove them wrong it was something I enjoyed working on. I really appreciate all the support that you all gave during all this time.

So, I hope we cross paths again but until then.

Peace out ✌️