Chapter Fifty-Seven)

DISTANCE

"No"Cheng replied.
"Cheng,you can tell us the problem. A person's birthday is for everyone to be happy and it doesn't show in you. You can share your problems"Alex said.
"You're too soft"Michael said.
"Well fine it's about him. He's mad at me cause I lied to him"Cheng said.
"Lied to him about what?"Michael asked.
"Well,he did like me and I also did like him but I told him the opposite cause I taught I could still trust Seb. Now he used me then..."
"Then what?"Alex asked.
"Then I told Lawson when he got back from the Philipines that I did like him . He didn't believe me cause he thinks am only after cool guys like him since I left Seb"Cheng said sadly.
"Well I guess he's right about that and you know it"Michael said.
"Dude,look for soft words or you just make her sadder"Alex said.
"Well,you could still try to show him that you like him not cause he's cool but he's really cool. How could a kid be so cool like him?"Michael said while Alex gave him a sarcastic look making him close his face with a book.
"Cheng
"Prince Alexander.
"Don't mind your brother's words. You know he likes kidding. I think since you've tried your best. You should take a break. When Lawson perceives you are not all over him again. He might feel guilty and tell you what you really wanna hear from him. I'm very sure he didn't mean his words,he was just jealous or mad"Alex completed.
"Wow bestfriend. You're a motivator"Michael said.
"Shush those mouth of yours. You don't know how to talk to your little sister in a good and soft way"Alex said as Michael frowned
"I think you are right,I'll do as you've said. Thanks"Cheng said .
"You're welcome"Alex said.
"Okay,everything's settled. You should dress up. Your friends should have arrived by now"Michael said.
"You could also put on a makeup if you want a new boyfriend"Michael said with a wink.
"Cheng,take care"Alex said and left.
"So..you think I'm not soft. I am but cold sometimes when I'm mad at someone"Michael said
"You should reduce that. If that's the way you are,you shouldn't be that way all the time"Alex said.
"Okay,motivator"Michael said.

Minutes later,the party started.
It all went well.
Jimin and Jeremy made it here. Gina and the rest of Cheng's friends also made it here.
Cheng was having a juice when Jimin and Jericho walked up to her.
"Hey Cheng"They said.
"Ohh,hey guys"Cheng said.
"Happy birthday. You look great"Jimin said.
"Thank you"Cheng replied
"Anyways,we both got you a gift"Jericho said.
"Thanks. Three,who's the last from?"Cheng asked.
"From us. The last gift is from both of us. Just for decorations"Jimin lied.
"Ohh,thanks. Huh..what about Lawson?"Cheng asked.
"He went out with Julia to a concert"Jimin said.
"Ohh,okay. Thanks again for the gift"Cheng said
"Okay,see you later"They said and left.
Alex and Michael then approached Cheng when her friends had left.
"Cheng,here's your gift"Michael said.
"I'll check it out"Cheng said and opened it.
"A phone . Thank you,so golden"Cheng said.
"You're welcome "Michael said.
"Bring it in"Alex said.
"Bring what in?"Michael said surprised to see a puppy,so cute.
"Happy birthday Cheng"Alex said.
Cheng quickly bent across it and cuddled it.
"Best gift ever. Thank you prince Alexander,I love you very much"Cheng said carrying it to her room.
Michael just rolled his eye.
"Fuddy-duddy. I should have thought of that"Michael muttered.
"Jealous?"Alex asked while everyone minded their buisness.
"But Alex how did you know that?"Michael asked.
"Just observing. I just observed that Cheng loves animals and she might end up being a veterinarian"Alex said.
"Next time,I'll be the winner"Michael said while Alex continued staring at him sadly.
"What's the problem now?. Alex"Michael called.
"I should have told you this a long time"Alex said.
"What's that?"Michael asked.
"You know that's what's best. You are my best friend and I don't wanna see you hurt or caught up in all my problems"Alex said.
"Alex,so what are you saying?"Michael asked focused than ever.
"We have to distance"Alex said as Michael continued staring at him.
"Distance?,are you leaving back to Shanghai?"Michael asked.
"We could go together"Michael said.
"No. It's not that"Alex said.
"So what's that?"Michael asked.
Alex just paused for a while before letting the cat out of the bag.
"YOU CAN NO LONGER BE MY BEST FRIEND. EVERYTHING HAS TO END MICHAEL. WE NEED TO DISTANCE"Alex said as Michael continued staring at him sadly not knowing what to say.
"Mike,it's for the better"Alex said as they continued staring at each other in the eye.
"Is it really necessary for me to live your life so I won't have to be involved?"Michael said.
"Yes. You need to,I'm just worried about you
"But you don't have to Alex. This is what they want for you not to get what you are looking for. They know I can help. You're not gonna fall for that are you?
"Mike,this isn't about them. It's about you. I care about you and you know that. This is a decision"Alex said as Michael grew sadder.
He had loved Alex a lot and never wanted to lose him for a minute but now he was really getting out of his life.
Who is gonna stand by him to fight all this alone?.
He really needed a friend but Alex only wanted him not to be involved so he won't get hurt.
Was he really gonna cope without his best friend.
He just never wanted a pin to touch Alex and now he was all gonna be by himself.
"But things are gonna be alright at the end if we don't give up. Just as a team"Michael said.
"No. That's what I want"Alex said.
"You are really not changing your mind"Michael said sadly still staring at him.
"Fine. But Alex,if you're in trouble or you get hurt. I'm gonna forget about all this and fight"Michael said.
"Thanks for understanding"Alex said
"You don't have to. I respect you a lot so as your decision. Soon,everything's gonna be over"Michael said and embraced him sadly.
Alex was also sad a lot but didn't show it. He was now gonna be away from Michael and his comic ways.
"Take care"Michael said.
"You too"Alex said and zoomed off.
Michael still stood there sadly thinking if what just happened was a dream . If it was he'd better wake up but it wasn't .
He and Alex had ended
WAIT GUYS,HAD THEY?.
"Yibo"Mrs Shang called standing behind him.
"Are you alright?"Mrs Shang asked.
"Yeah mum"Michael said and faked a smile
"Prince Alexander left already"
"I didnt even get to entertain him"Mrs Shang said.