Chapter Ninety One

"Then how much does he love you?. More than a friend?"Xandra asked.
"That's not true. Alex and I are just best friends and nothing more. I don't think Alex is in love with anyone so you can still get him"Charlotte said while Xandra glared.
"What about Michael? What does he see in Michael?. What about their relationship?"Xandra asked.
"They are friends. Best friends"Charlotte said.
"Shut up!!,they are more than friends. You are not in their heart so you don't know how they feel towards each other"Xandra said .
"I know they are just friends. You know Alex has been hurt so many times,Michael has stood by him all this while wgen he was alone. Alex just loves Michael as his best friend. You need to stop all this Xandra,you are only gonna hurt yourself"Charlotte said still frightened  .
"Or I'll just hurt you instead"Xandra said with a smirk as she placed her hand on Charlotte's nose making her inhale thick smoke,she continued struggling to breathe.
Xandra just smirked and didn't let go.
Charlotte continued struggling,it was like Xandra's hand was glued to her nise not letting go. She starred slumping holding the table,she continued touching the table,before you knew it the glass jar fell and broke alerting Alex and Michael.

"Alex,did you hear that?"Michael asked looking around.
"Yes. Upstairs. Let's go"Alex said as they left uostairs,Michael noticed someone hastily rushing to her room.
"Xandra"He thought but ignored it.

"I wonder where the sound came from"Alex thought before his stare stoid still at Charlotte's door.
"Charlotte "Alex called but got no answer.
"She'd be asleep"Michael said ,they were about leaving when Alex heard someone breathing heavily.
"Charlotte"He shouted and opened the door to see Charlotte on the floor with tears coming out her eye,she was struggling to breathe as blood rushed down her nostrils.
Alex's eye widened as he rushed to her and raised her head up ,holding her gently while Michael wondered what was going on.
"Charlotte,what happened?. How did this happen?"Alex asked in great concern,Michael then stared sadly at her wondering what would have caused this.
"I I"Charlotte struggled for words till she closed her eyes not moving anymore
"Charlotte!,Charlotte"
Alex  exclaimed while Michael moved closer to her.
"Charlotte,are you sleepy?"Michael asjed and stared at Alex. He was surprised what Alex was doing.
He joined his hands together as red flames ran out,he touched her heart,hr could only hear her heart beat running faster than expected.
"Is she alright?"Michael asked .
"I have to call dad and mum"Alex saud and immediately left to send for them. It looked like the whole family then rushed out including Xandra.
Michael just sat beside Charlotte resting her hair on his hand.
"I wonder what's wrong with her?"Michael thought seeing drops of blood on the floor.
"Where did this come from? "Michael thought.
"Charlotte dear . Xiao,what's wrong with her?"The queen asked touching her.
"I'll call a doctor"Zaoshang said as Charlotte was layed on the bed.
Alex just sat beside her sadly while Xandra glared at this.

Minutes later
12:00am
The doctor arrived and started the check up on her.
"Doctor what's wrong with her?"The king asked later on.
Michael just glanced at the blood on the floor,the mark on Charlotte's cheek.
"Did someone do this?"Michael thought before he glanced at Alex he wasn't so good right now and Michael knew it.
The next person he galnced at was Xandra who didn't act like she cared.
Xandra then grinned at Michael who returned it and ended it sooner as he started.
"Well,her breathing has been slowed down by something I can't really explain. "The doctor said.
"But what's holding her breath?"King Xiao asked worried.
"I can't explain your highness. The patient needs to be interogated. She has high level of fright in her. Maybe some kind of villain did this. Does she have any enemies in her life or anyone leaving here who's her enemy?"The doctor asked.
"No doctor."The queen replied.
"The villain won't be spared"Alex said while everyone glanced at him.
Xandra just smirked and then glared.
"You are mad over Charlotte Alex,that's why I will continue to hurt anyone who takes you away from me"Xandra thought.
"Thank you doctor. We'll walk on that. So are there any drugs for her?"Wuchan asked .
"Yes. She will have to take the drugs before the beginning of every meal. She shoukdn't be left alone mostly at night. She shouldn't also involve herself in any stress. Once the patient's alright,we'll interrogate her. She'd have something to say so we can investigate who must have done this"The doctor said.
"Thank you doctor"The king said as the doctor made a slight bow before leaving.
"Xandra,do you know anything about this?"Michael asked in front of everyone
"Of course not Michael. Am also as surprised as everyone. I hope she'll be alright"Xandra said sadly.
"So you didn't leave her room today?"Michael asked while Xandra glared sscretly.
Michael was getting on her nerves.
"No Michael. You're just imagining things"Xandra said.
"Am sorry,just asking. You and Charlotte are friends anyway"Michael said and removed his gaze from her.
"Pls prepare something for Charlotte before she wakes up Xandra"The queen said.
"Xiao,let's go. I need to investigate more on this"The queen said but the king made his way to where Alex was standing staring at Charlotte sadly.
He hadn't utterred any word at all.
"Xander"The king called as Alex looked up at him.
"Dad"He said.
"She'll be fine. You just have to stay here"He said and smiled at Alex.
Alex then nodded and made a bow before his dad left with his mum
Alex was then left with Michael alone.
Michael was just taking a look at the blood,ger face and thought of no other person than Xandra.
Alex then glanced at him .
"Mike,what are you doing?"Alex asked.
"Alex,look at this. Blood spots"Michael said.
"Yeah. From Charlotte's nose"Alex said.
"No Alex. This can't be from Charlotte's nose. When we arrived,Charlotte was laying on the blood,blood can't drop or else she stood up then it can drop. This is something else"Michael said while Alex gazed at the blood on the floor.
"Sticky,maybe someone spat out blood"
"Nit really. It looks like blood rushing down from the mouth"Michael said
"Check out this too"Michael said showing her Charlotte's face.
"Oh my God. Sge was slapped with something"Alex said touching her face.
"Hair"They both said.
"But who would have done this"Michael thought.

Minutes later
Michael went to get a thick blanket for Charlotte since her blanket wasn't so thick and could make her catch a cold.
Charlotte later ipened her eye to see Alex looking out of the window.
Yesterday's sleep had just been cancelled so Charlotte could be taken care of .
"Alex"Charlotte called as Alex stared back