Chapter 2

Tam and Linh were walking alongside each other towards their lockers.
" What flavour do you think Elwin made it today?" Linh questioned, looking at Tam as they made it to their lockers.
"I honestly don't care, as long as it doesn't make me want to throw up, I'll be happy." Tam said, facing his locker.

Tam stared at his locker, hesitant to lick the DNA strip of the locker. Linh noticed this.
"I'll go first and let you know if it's safe." Linh said, smiling at Tam.
Tam mumbled a thank you as Linh leaned in and licked the DNA strip on her locker.

Linh's face scrunched up as she opened her locker once she had licked it.
"Well?" Tam looked at Linh.
"It's... very sour." Linh stated, grabbing some of her books from her locker and putting them in her bag.
Tam groaned as he stared at his locker.
"Tam, just do it. We don't have much time until class starts." Linh scowled.
Tam sighed as he leaned in and quickly licked the DNA strip.

Tam was surprised as he tasted a strange citrusy flavour. It wasn't half bad, he would've licked it again but didn't want Linh to think of him as weird.
Tam backed away as he opened his locker and suddenly, an envelope fell out from his locker and onto the floor.
Tam stared at the envelope, confused as Linh crouched down to pick it up.

"Ooh~? What's this?" Linh questioned in a teasing tone.
Linh stood up and handed Tam the letter. Tam looked at the front of the letter and seen how it was decorated with hearts and flowers.
Linh looked at Tam expectantly.
"Soo... you gonna open it?" Linh asked.
Tam bit his inner cheek as he opened the envelope.

"This has to be some sort of sick joke." Tam stated, pulling out a pink piece of paper with writing scribbled on it.
Linh glanced at the paper.
Tam quietly read the letter to himself.

'Dear Tam,
                    I'm writing this letter to you to let you know that I have feelings for you. I know you must be thinking that I should have confessed in person. But I'm not so sure you would have believed me so I decided to write this instead.

You still probably don't believe I could have feelings for you, so I guess I'll have to prove myself.
If you still think this is a joke, then tomorrow you will see how wrong you are.

    ~ Your Secret
Admirer'  

Tam scoffed. Tam shoved it into Linh's hand and Tam slammed his locker shut once he got what he needed. Linh shut her locker as she began to read the letter herself while she and Tam walked together to their class.

"Wait, Tam this person could actually like you-" Linh began.
"Yeah, as if." Tam scoffed.
"It's got all of that cringey doodles all over it. Someone did this as a joke."
Linh looked at Tam.
"You really don't think someone could like you-?"

The two twins stopped as they looked up ahead to see Keefe by his locker.
"I'm gonna go say hi to Keefe." Linh said, handing Tam back his letter.
"Ugh, please Linh, don't." Tam groaned as Linh began to approach the empath.
Tam sighed as he shoved the letter into his bag as he followed behind Linh.

"Hey Keefe!" Linh smiled.
Keefe looked over and smiled at Linh.
"Hey, it's my favourite Song twin!" Keefe exclaimed.
Keefe then noticed Tam coming up behind Linh.
"And my least favourite Song twin."
Tam glared at Keefe.
"Ha-ha." Tam grumbled.

"It seems like you're someone's favourite though." Keefe stated, shutting his locker.
"Excuse me?" Tam questioned.
"I noticed you with a letter." Keefe said.
"Who's the unfortunate girl?"
Keefe felt himself grin as he could feel an aura of anger coming from Tam.
"It was no one." Tam scowled.
"And it's none of your business!"
"Tam-" Linh began.
"I'm going to class." Tam mumbled,
Tam walked off and Linh sighed.

"Why can't you two be nice to one another?" Linh questioned, looking at Keefe.
"I have no idea, I mean... I am such a delight!" Keefe exclaimed, smiling.
Linh couldn't help but smile a little.
"Keefe..." Linh looked at the blonde.
"Hey, your brother is difficult!" Keefe stated.
"Mmh... you know how to get on his nerves..." Linh sighed.
"Uh, I'm gonna head to class now."

Keefe hummed and nodded.
"Yeah, I should probably just... go and ditch class like I always try to do." Keefe smiled.
Linh rolled her eyes.
"See you later Keefe." Linh said, walking off.
"Later Linh!" Keefe exclaimed.

Keefe began to make his way to the Healing Center, hopefully Elwin would let him ditch his first few classes there.

What would he do in his next letter?

*****

"Keefe, I cannot let you skip class here again." Elwin stated, crossing his arms at Keefe.
"Oh come on Elwin! Please? Just the morning classes and then I'll go to the rest of my classes!" Keefe begged.
Elwin stared at the blonde.
"... Fine. But you're not allowed to hide out in here for the rest of the month, okay?" Elwin questioned.
"You're the best Elwin!" Keefe exclaimed, grinning at him.
Elwin rolled his eyes as Keefe made his way to his office.

Elwin slowly followed behind Keefe.
He leaned against the doorframe as he watched how Keefe sat by his desk and got stuff out of his bag.

"What sort of prank are you doing this time?" Elwin questioned.
"How do you know I'm pranking?" Keefe questioned, getting out pens, glue, glitter and paper.
"You usually ditch classes to plan your pranks out. And you are literally getting the evidence on my desk." Elwin stated.
Keefe smiled at Elwin.

"I am just... writing love letters." Keefe stated.
Elwin raised an eyebrow.
"Keefe, are you giving girls false hope?" Elwin scolded.
"Erm, I'm giving Bangs Boy false hope!" Keefe exclaimed, taking a pen in his hand.
"Dear my lovely Tam!"
"Keefe." Elwin scowled.

Keefe looked at Elwin.
"What? It's harmless." Keefe said.
"Is it?" Elwin questioned.
"Keefe, what if Tam really starts liking this fake person he's made up in his head?"
"Then he embarrasses himself if he attempts to flirt with them." Keefe shrugged.
Elwin raised an eyebrow at Keefe.
Keefe groaned.
"Elwin, it's fine! I won't do it for long. I just wanna send some letters, see him read them and then just... one day stop writing him letters." Keefe said.

Elwin sighed.
"Keefe..." Elwin grumbled.
"Look. I don't approve of this, but I am going to ignore that you told me this and I am going to ignore that you're doing it right here in my office."
Keefe grinned. "Cool, thanks-!"
"I am letting you do this to show you what sort of consequences your actions will have on people. Maybe even on yourself." Elwin stated.

Keefe looked at Elwin and seen how he stared at him.
"... Elwin, it's just a stupid joke." Keefe said, smiling.
"It won't have any consequences on me, or on Tam."
Elwin hummed.
"That's what you think..." Elwin mumbled, leaving Keefe alone.

Keefe rolled his eyes.
Elwin was being foolish. No one was going to face any sort of consequences. This was all just a fun little joke.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1221