Chapter 36

Have you ever been in an awkward and uncomfortable situation before?

Well, Keefe was in one at this moment.

Keefe, Tam and Lord Cassius were all sat by a table and were in the Shores of Solace, Cassius' beach house. Tam and Keefe were sat next to each other, across from Cassius.
Tam was glaring at Cassius and Cassius was staying silent, a mean expression on his face as he did not like how Tam was looking at him.
Keefe took Fitz's advice to talk to his dad along with Tam. At this moment Keefe was really regretting that decision.

"Uhm, so I'm just gonna start this conversation off since no one else wants to talk first!" Keefe exclaimed, clapping his hands together.
"Dad, I wanted us to talk about the whole me dating Tam thing, no yelling, no grounding or punishments, and no...abuse." 
Cassius looked at Keefe.
"Keefe, I did not mean to harm you." Cassius stated.
"You were being difficult but I-"
"'Being difficult'." Tam scoffed out.
"Lord Cassius, I do not want to be disrespectful but you hurt Keefe physically and I find it that you should be grateful Keefe is giving you another chance to talk, so choose your words carefully."
Cassius glanced at Tam and sighed as he looked back at his son.

"Like I've said before, I don't care too much about you dating a boy." Cassius stated, looking at Keefe.
"But Tam Song is a twin and a Shade, you understand why I'm unhappy with this choice, right?"
Keefe felt a strange range of emotions radiate from Tam, and Cassius did too. 
"I understand that you think that Tam is an outcast towards our society because he is a twin and a shade." Keefe mumbled, feeling guilty calling Tam an outcast.
Keefe took Tam's hand into his, squeezing it as a form of affection. Tam held Keefe's hand tighter.
Cassius watched Keefe carefully.
"Uhm... but I can't help being in love with Tam." Keefe stated, staring right into his father's cold eyes.
"And I'd really appreciate it if you just...don't be rude about my choice in who I date. Especially since Tam and I are really...happy in this relationship."

Silence overcame the room.

Cassius then sighed and Tam was ready to take Keefe away back to Solreef if Cassius attempted anything.
"You may come back and stay with me only if we do not discuss your relationship with Tam Song, and if you decide to invite him over you have to let me know and I'll steer clear out your way." Cassius stated, looking at Keefe.
Keefe blinked and he looked at Tam who looked equally surprised.
Cassius noticed how surprised the two boys looked and he sighed.
"I know that my son will disobey me no matter how hard I may try to get him to not date you." Cassius said, looking at Tam.
"It's...better if we just not talk about it and I know when not to be around Keefe or his room when you do come over."

Cassius looked back at Keefe.
"...Will you come back home?" Cassius asked, his voice sort of quieter.
Keefe looked at his father and he smiled slightly at him.
"I'll come back tomorrow." Keefe said.
"Uh, I'll message you to let you know when I'll come home then."
Keefe got up from his seat and so did Tam. Cassius stayed sat and he looked at Keefe, nodding.
"Great, well I shall see you soon then."

Tam had grabbed his crystal to Solreef and he took Keefe's hand.
Keefe looked at Tam and squeezed his hand. Tam held the crystal up and he light-leapt away along with Keefe, going back home.
As soon as Keefe and Tam made it back to Solreef, they went into Tam's bedroom.
Keefe stretched his arms out as he went over to the bed, sitting down.
"I think that went pretty well, if I do say so myself!" Keefe grinned at Tam.
Tam sort of pinched his arm, shrugging.
"I guess so." Tam mumbled.

Keefe frowned at Tam.
"Hey, what's up?" Keefe asked, patting the space beside him, urging Tam to sit next to him.
Tam went over and sat next to Keefe.
"I'm not going to be acknowledged by your father." Tam stated.
"It's not as if I care about your dad, especially with how he's still quite a terrible person but..."
Tam shrugged. "It's just...not a nice feeling."
Keefe sighed out softly and he leaned in, pressing the tip of their noses together.
"Hey, what matters is that we're still boyfriends and he's not gonna get in the way of that." Keefe said softly, looking into Tam's eyes.
"All we gotta do is worry about how your parents react if they ever find out."
Tam smiled. "Which will be never as I do not talk to them."
Keefe grinned. "Exactly. So, there's really nothing to worry about, is there?"
"No, I guess not." Tam said, shrugging slightly.
Keefe smiled as he tilted his head to press their lips together. Tam smiled against Keefe's lips as he began to kiss his boyfriend back.

Keefe didn't expect the talk with his father to go, sort of, smoothly. But he was glad that things went as they did, and that it didn't take super long to talk some sense to his father.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 840