Chapter 20

"Hail Tam Song." Keefe repeated to his imparter for like the hundredth time.
After a few moments, the screen flashed a message.
'Tam Song did not accept to hail'.
Keefe whined in hopelessness as he flopped back into Fitz's bed.
Fitz and Biana were in the room, frowning at Keefe.

It had been days since Mid-terms Celebration, or well... when Tam found out Keefe sent letters to him as a prank.
"Have you tried talking to Linh?" Biana asked.
"Yes." Keefe mumbled.
"She's not accepting my hails either."

"Biana, what if you try hailing Linh?" Fitz suggested, looking at his sister.
"What do I say? 'Hey Linh, can you get Tam to talk to Keefe?', she's not gonna say yes." Biana said.
"Maybe she will." Fitz shrugged.
"I mean, look at Keefe. He hasn't slept a lot, he's been crying himself to sleep every night and he's practically living here with us now. I love Keefe but I can handle so much of him each day."

Biana glanced at Keefe who was smothering his own face with Fitz's pillow.
Biana sighed as she grabbed her imparter.
" Hail Linh Song. " Biana said.
After a few moments, Linh connected and an image of her appeared.

" Hey Biana, you need anything?" Linh smiled.
" Hey Linh, uh Tam in the room with you?" Biana questioned.
"... No." Linh said, a little too hesitantly.
Biana raised her eyebrows and seen how nervous Linh looked.

"... Uh, anyways. Do you wanna come over and hang out for a bit? "Biana asked.
" I need to get your opinion on this new dress I got. "
Linh smiled at Biana.
" Yeah sure! When should I come?" Linh asked.
"Right now." Biana smiled.
Linh smiled. "Alright, see you in a few minutes then."
"See you. Uh, come into Fitz's room when you arrive. He's also helping me with the new dress!" Biana exclaimed.
Linh nodded and then disconnected.

Biana set her imparter away.
"Keefe, you wanna try to make a plan with Linh to try and talk to Tam?" Biana called, to the blonde Empath who was still trying to suffocate himself with a pillow.

Suddenly the pillow flung away from Keefe's face as he sat up.
"... Yes." Keefe said quietly as he looked at Biana.
Fitz and Biana looked at the empath and seen how Keefe was ready to cry again.
"Oh come on." Fitz sighed out, going over to Keefe.

Biana watched as Fitz sat next to Keefe and Keefe instantly hid his face into Fitz's shoulder. Keefe sobbed quietly into Fitz's shoulder, soaking his shirt. Fitz gently caressed the back of Keefe's head, ruffling his hair a little.

"Hey, Tam doesn't hate you, it'll be okay." Fitz said.
"Linh will help."
"What if she doesn't-?" Keefe began.
"Keefe, let's be honest. Tam is probably getting the same amount of sleep as you are and is crying as much as you, if not more." Biana stated.
"Linh must also be heartbroken seeing Tam in pain and must know that you two need to talk it out, so when she gets here. Put on a brave face, okay?"

Keefe faced Biana and a small smile grew on his face. Keefe sniffled as Fitz was now rubbing his shoulder.
"... Gosh, you comfort me in both such a kind and mean way Biana."Keefe said.
" Eh, you're a tough guy Sencen. "Biana smiled at the empath.
Keefe softly laughed and Biana went over. Biana gently kissed the top of Keefe's head.

"Seriously Keefe, it's all gonna work out. We all just want you and Tam to be happy." Biana said softly.
Biana ruffled Keefe's hair and Keefe kept his head resting on Fitz's shoulder.
"Mmh... whatever you say." Keefe mumbled quietly, shutting his eyes.
Fitz looked at the male who seemed to be falling asleep on him.

Fitz looked at Biana and Biana held her index finger up to her mouth, indicating for Fitz to stay silent and let Keefe sleep for even a few moments.

*****

Linh stared at the sleep-deprived empath who was resting on Fitz.
Biana looked at Linh who was frowning.

"... Tam's the exact same way." Linh said, in a low tone of voice as to not wake up Keefe.
"Crying, barely eating, not sleeping and he isn't taking the slumberberry tea anymore because it reminds him of Keefe."
Biana sighed softly, shaking her head.

"They're both idiots." Biana stated.
"It was an asshole move of Keefe." Linh stated.
"But... if Tam had listened to Keefe, maybe talked then... maybe he'd be fine but..."
Linh sighed.
"He barely even talks to me now. Doesn't have the motivation to go to Foxfire."

"We just need to get them into a room together. For 10-20 minutes." Fitz said, trying to be as quiet as he could to not wake up Keefe.
"I need my Keefe-free room back again."
Linh smiled and rolled her eyes at Fitz.
"And you need Keefe to be his happy normal self?" Linh questioned.
"That too, sure I guess." Fitz shrugged slightly.
Biana also rolled her eyes.

"Mmh, maybe we could talk to Dex. He'd probably figure something out, maybe create a gadget or some sort of elixir for the two of them." Linh suggested, looking at Biana.
Biana shrugged.
"Worth a shot, I guess." Biana nodded.

A snore came from Keefe and everyone looked at him.
Biana frowned at the blonde.
"... I just can't believe Sophie could be so... cruel." Biana sighed.
"Just because Keefe had moved on."
"I can."Fitz stated.
" I mean, oof that girl-"

" Fitz. "Linh scowled.
"You dated Sophie-"
"And I am glad Keefe moved on-" Fitz began again.
Biana raised her eyebrows at Fitz.
"Sorry." Fitz mumbled quietly.

Linh then looked at Biana.
"What if we go visit Dex now? Talk to him to see if he has anything or can make anything?"
"Mmh, sure. The sooner this is dealt with, the better."

"Uh, what about me?" Fitz looked at the two girls.
"Take care of Keefe." Biana stated.
"Let him know we have everything under control, okay?"
Fitz glanced at Keefe and back at Biana.
"Mmh, okay. Go on, no time to waste." Fitz said.

Biana and Linh smiled at Fitz.
"You're the best." Biana said.
"We owe you one." Linh said.
The two girls quietly exited Fitz's room to hail Dex privately to see if he'd be available to meet up.

Fitz looked at sleeping beauty on his shoulder and bit his inner cheek.
He didn't like seeing Keefe like this. It broke him to see his best friend to get so depressed over this whole situation.

Hopefully, Dex had the right equipment to make the two boys make up.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1117