Chapter 28

Tam was just sat on Keefe's bed, staring at the green gulon plush next to him.
Keefe had gone to shower as he did not want to stink of the ocean for when they'd go to bed.

Tam didn't know what to do or how to act in Keefe's room, especially since he was alone in it.
You'd expect there'd be a lot of things to look at in Keefe's room but there really wasn't anything. There were a few drawings placed up on the wall, a few pictures as well but nothing that screamed Keefe Sencen and his annoying but lovable personality.

Tam looked at the plush and he delicately held it, placing it on his lap as he stared at it.
"Can't believe Keefe sleeps with a plush." Tam mumbled, fiddling with the fabric of the gulon plush.
Tam tilted his head at the plush.
It was cute... in a way.

Tam gently held the plush again and he held it in front of his face. Tam had taken a whiff of the air and he could smell Keefe's cologne. Tam felt his stomach churn and his cheeks turned red.
Keefe's cologne was a nice smell, alluring really. It was fruity but there was a very strong smell of pomegranates.
Tam gently held the plush close to his chest and he rested his lower half of his face against the plush, feeling a strange comfort from it. Tam hated how this plush smelled of Keefe. It's clear that Keefe slept with it every night, or at least always had it close to him for it to naturally gain his scent.

"Oh you're bonding with Mrs. Stinkbottom!"
Tam was startled as he looked over to see Keefe enter, just ruffling his slightly damp hair.
Tam circled his thumb against the back of the soft plush.
"She smells like you." Tam blurted out.
Keefe raised his eyebrows and Tam's face turned red from embarrassment.
"Oh?" Keefe said, going over and sitting next to Tam.
Tam looked away as he placed the plush down on the other side of him.
"Shut up, you have a nice cologne, that's all I'm saying." Tam stated.
Keefe wrapped his arm around Tam, humming and nodding.
"That's kinda gay of you Tam." Keefe shrugged.
"Oh yeah? And kissing you on the cheek isn't?" Tam raised his eyebrows at the blonde.
"... Nah, it's just homies kissing." Keefe grinned.
"Oh, 'homies'? Is that another word for boyfriends?" Tam questioned, shooting a glare at Keefe.
Keefe kissed Tam on the cheek.
"Oi, relax Tammy!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Now, you wanna go to bed orr?"
Tam shrugged as he sunk into the bed, escaping Keefe's grasp as he laid down against the pillow.
"I dunno. Talk until we fall asleep?" Tam suggested.
Keefe leaned back, laying beside Tam and rolling onto his side. Tam turned on his side so the two were now facing one another.
"Mmh, good idea." Keefe said, now running his fingers through Tam's hair.
Tam relaxed into Keefe's touch and let out a soft sigh.

"I really wished you asked me out in a more romantic setting." Tam said quietly.
Keefe rolled his eyes.
"You were really pretty at the moment and I just..." Keefe shrugged.
"It felt right."
Tam looked at Keefe and seen how he stared at him. Tam couldn't help but smile.
"Mmh. Maybe you are a hopeless romantic." Tam said, bringing a hand up to Keefe's face and caressing his cheek.
Keefe smiled as he placed his hand over Tam's, holding it over his cheek. Keefe tilted his head, kissing Tam's palm.
"Told you." Keefe grinned against Tam's palm.
Tam's cheeks warmed.
"Yeah, I hate you." Tam said, taking his hand away and looking away from Keefe.
Keefe let out a laugh and he smiled at Tam.
"Of course you do." Keefe said.
Keefe leaned in and rested his forehead against Tam's.
"And I hate you too, Tam Song."
Tam bit his inner cheek and he smiled to himself.

"Uh, when is your dad supposed to be back anyways?" Tam asked, looking at Keefe.
"Should be tomorrow night. Or the day after." Keefe shrugged.
"Soo, you could stick around for most of the day tomorrow! We could even hit the town and I dunno, do coupley stuff?"
Tam looked at Keefe.
"... Mmh, okay." Tam said.
"Sounds good."
Keefe smiled. "Great, we have another date tomorrow!"
Tam smiled.

Tam never would've thought Keefe would be this close to him. Or hang out with him as much as he is now.
It's a nice change.

*****

Tam grumbled as the sun shined in his eyes. Tam's eyes opened and he felt someone's arms around him.
Tam was currently not facing Keefe, so he glanced behind him to see Keefe snuggled right into him. Keefe's arms were wrapped around Tam's body and his face was buried in Tam's nape. Tam let out a soft sigh as he looked down at Keefe's hands. Tam gently rested his hands over Keefe's, delicately playing with his fingers. He tried to be as gentle as ever to ensure Keefe wouldn't wake up.

As soon as Tam played with Keefe's fingers, the empath began to stir.
"mmh...Tammm~" Keefe mumbled, snuggling his face deeper into Tam's neck.
Tam smiled.
"Hey sleepyhead." Tam said softly, glancing back.
Keefe grumbled in response.
"Go back to sleep." Keefe whispered, pecking Tam's nape. 
Tam's nape felt tingly and a shiver went down his spine.
Keefe seemed to softly chuckle.
"Oh boy, that was some strong emotions you hit me there with." Keefe said, lifting his head and unwrapping his arms from Tam, causing the Shade to made a noise of disapproval.

Keefe sat up and he groaned as he stretched his arms out. Tam rolled over on his back and looked at Keefe. Tam stared at the blonde and Keefe ruffled his hair.
"It's been a while since I slept that well." Keefe yawned out.
Tam's face scrunched up as he could smell Keefe's morning breath from when he yawned.
"Ewww, cover your mouthh!" Tam exclaimed, shoving his hand in Keefe's face.
Keefe raised his eyebrows as he leaned in and began to blow his breath in Tam's face, causing Tam to giggle and pushing Keefe away.
"Keeefee!"
"You gotta love my flaws! One day I will kiss you in the morning without brushing my teeth firstt!" Keefe exclaimed.
Tam let out a disappointed sigh.
"I can't wait." Tam said, rubbing his eyes as he sat up.

Keefe smiled at Tam.
"Did you sleep well though?" Keefe asked.
Tam nodded. "I think it was the best I've ever slept in years." 
"Awh, I'm flattered!" Keefe grinned.
Tam playfully punched Keefe's shoulder.
"Shut up, now go make me breakfast!" Tam exclaimed.
"Whatever you want, my dear-" Keefe began.

Someone suddenly cleared their throat and Keefe froze. Tam stayed silent as he glanced over to see Lord Cassius by the entrance of Keefe's door.

Keefe looked over and seen how his father was staring at the two of them.
"...Back so early?" Keefe questioned, grinning nervously.
Lord Cassius sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Mr.Song, get out of my beach house at once." Cassius scowled.
Tam awkwardly shuffled out of the bed and grabbed his bag of belongings.
"Uhh... hail me later on." Tam said, looking at Keefe.
Keefe was nervously fiddling with his hands.
"I'll try." Keefe mumbled.
Tam frowned but then he looked at Lord Cassius as he got his crystal in his hand.
"Lovely seeing you, Lord Cassius." Tam stated.
"And please don't murder Keefe?"
Lord Cassius did not respond as he just glared at the male Song twin.
Tam cleared his throat as he awkwardly held his crystal up and light-leapt away.

As soon as Tam was gone, Cassius faced towards Keefe.
"We need to have a chat."
Keefe felt his nerves heighten and he got up from bed.
"Over breakfast...?" Keefe suggested.
Cassius sighed.
"Fine, get ready and I'll make something."
Just like that, Cassius turned away and walked off.
Keefe picked at his skin by his nails and he bit his lower lip.

Hopefully Keefe's father would listen to Tam's request and not murder him.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1323