Chapter 31

Tam was re-bandaging Keefe's cheek, making sure it wouldn't get infected.
Keefe was fiddling with his hand as Tam gently smoothed the bandage against his cut and skin.
"Biana said she should be here any moment now." Tam said, backing away from Keefe.
Keefe looked at Tam and hummed, nodding.
Tam looked at Keefe and seen how he still didn't seem to be back to his normal self.

Tam leaned in, pecking Keefe's other cheek.
"Last night, you told me that your dad cut your cheek." Tam said quietly.
"Do you feel comfortable talking about what...exactly happened?"
Keefe tensed up and Tam kept softly pecking Keefe's cheek.
Keefe gently patted Tam's shoulder and Tam pulled away from Keefe, looking at him.
Keefe took a deep breath.
"He sort of smashed a cup, took a shard and kinda accidentally cut my cheek." Keefe said, slipping his hand into Tam's.
"Accidentally?" Tam raised his eyebrows.
Keefe shrugged, "he was threatening to do it but..."
Tam squeezed Keefe's hand.

"Were you abused before?" Tam asked, tilting his head.
Keefe held Tam's hand up and placed it up to his mouth, gently kissing the back of it. Tam watched Keefe.
"Not often." Keefe stated.
"Or... it'd usually be somewhere easy to cover up. Mostly just slapping, but nothing as major as this."
Keefe could feel how shocked Tam felt, how Tam didn't know what to say or act.
Keefe kept Tam's hand up to his lips and kept pecking it softly.
"I'm fine, Tam."
Tam took his hand away from Keefe's and from his mouth. Tam shuffled closer to Keefe and he cupped Keefe's face.
"Keefe-" Tam began.
Keefe placed his hands over Tam's. Keefe smiled at Tam and Tam stared at Keefe's smile.
"I am fine." Keefe repeated.
"Now that I'm here, I'm fine."

Tam gulped as he leaned in closer.
"Keefe, I-" Tam began.
There was a loud knock on Tam's bedroom door.
Both Tam and Keefe jumped.
"Come in." Tam called, backing away from Keefe and taking his hands away from the male.
Keefe looked down at the bed, fiddling with his hands as the door opened.
"That was not an easy thing to do!" Biana exclaimed, entering the room with a bag filled with Keefe's stuff.
Biana placed the bag down on Tam's bed as she looked at the two of them.
Tam gave Biana a smile.
"Thank you." Tam nodded.
Biana smiled at Tam. "Eh, it's all for Hunkyhair." 

Biana reached over and ruffled Keefe's blonde locks. Keefe scowled as he looked at Biana, who was grinning at him.
"Where's my 'thank you' Sencen-?" Biana began.
Biana stopped herself as she noticed the bandage on Keefe's cheek.
"Woah, wait what did Cassius do to you?" Biana questioned, now cupping Keefe's face and staring at the bandage.
"It doesn't matter, get your hands off mee!" Keefe wailed, slapping Biana's hands away.
Biana huffed as she took her hands away from Keefe's face.
"Keefe." Tam said, looking at the blonde.
"Biana got you your things..."
Keefe glanced at Tam and sighed as he looked back at Biana.
"Thank you, Biana." Keefe mumbled.
"You're welcome, Keefe." Biana said.

Biana then looked back at Tam.
"Bring Keefe to Foxfire tomorrow, everyone's starting to get a little worried." Biana said.
"I will." Tam nodded.
Biana smiled.
"Well, that's all I needed to do soo..." Biana glanced about Tam's room.
"I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow, I'm gonna go hang with Linh for a little while!" 
Biana then backed away and exited Tam's room, closing the door behind her.
Tam grabbed the bag filled with Keefe's things and placed it on Keefe's lap.
"Check if you got everything you need." Tam said.
Keefe quietly obliged, opening the bag and looking through the clothes, and other essentials Biana placed in the bag.

"What were you gonna say before Biana came in?" Keefe asked, still rifling through his bag and not looking at Tam.
Tam tensed up a little.
"Ah, it doesn't matter." Tam said, shrugging.
"It doesn't need to be said right now, it's fine."
Keefe glanced at Tam who was now glancing in Keefe's bag.
"Oh! Look, Biana remembered Mrs. Stinkbottom!" 
Tam grabbed the green gulon plush and held it towards Keefe.
Keefe smiled at Tam as he gently took the plush and placed her in his lap.
"Mmh, wasn't sure what I'd do without her." Keefe mumbled.

"Here, let's pack your stuff in some drawers, I'll make space." 
Keefe watched as Tam got up from the bed and went over to his drawers, quickly opening one and looking through some clothing that he could get rid of for Keefe's own clothes.
Keefe fiddled with Mrs. Stinkbottom as he stared at Tam.

Keefe knew what Tam was gonna say and he wished Biana hadn't ruined the moment.
Especially since Keefe was too much of a coward to say it the night before.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 754