Chapter 35

As Dex was getting out books from his locker, someone's hands snaked around his waist and rested their head on his shoulder.
"What is it now, Fitz?" Dex asked, not even surprised by his boyfriend's sudden appearance.
"Mmh, Keefe and Tam are being so flirty by our lockers. I had to escape." Fitz said, lifting his head as Dex shut his locker.
Fitz took his hands away as Dex turned around and faced him.
"It can't be that bad." Dex said, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at Fitz.

"Oh Dex, you barely hang out with Keefe and Tam, you don't have to suffer through their constant pining even when they're not together!" Fitz exclaimed.
Dex smiled.
"Yeah, okay...but they're happy." Dex shrugged.
"When was the last time you've seen Keefe so happy? Like genuinely happy?"
Fitz bit his inner cheek and he huffed.
"...A while, I guess." Fitz shrugged.
"And we have never seen Tam be so smiley either." Dex stated.
"They're a good match, admit it." 
Dex playfully punched Fitz's shoulder.
Fitz sighed, smiling as he rolled his eyes.
"They are a good match." Fitz said.

Dex reached up and kissed Fitz's cheek.
"Mmh, see? You can suffer a little bit of their PDA." 
Fitz smiled at Dex.
"Mmh, I guess." Fitz shrugged.
"But we're never that way in public."
"Well because we don't need to show off how much we love each other-" Dex began.
Dex stopped himself and his cheeks burned bright red. Fitz stared at Dex and he cleared his throat.

"...How much we what each other?" Fitz questioned, raising his eyebrows at Dex.
"...I am leaving, I gotta get to class!" Dex exclaimed, quickly walking off.
Fitz scoffed, smiling as he watched how desperately Dex ran off.
"We're gonna have to talk about that eventually, Dex!" Fitz called towards Dex.
Dex didn't react, he didn't look back, he just began to walk even faster.

"Awh, why'd Dex run off so quickly?"
Fitz looked over to see Keefe approaching him.
"Where's your boyfriend?" Fitz asked, facing the blonde empath.
"Lady Zillah wanted to talk to Tam about something so she stole him away." Keefe shrugged.
"Probably won't see him until lunch." 
Fitz hummed, nodding as he began to walk towards his class. Keefe followed alongside.

"Have you spoken with your dad yet?" Fitz asked.
Keefe tensed up.
"Uh, no." Keefe shook his head.
"How come?" Fitz looked at Keefe.
Keefe fiddled with his hands.
"Well, he harmed me?" Keefe said, raising his eyebrows at Fitz.
"And he's making no attempt to talk to me..."
Fitz frowned. "Ah... so you're just gonna live with Tiergan, Wylie, Tam and Linh for like ever then?"
Keefe scoffed. "Pfft! Uh no! Just until Tam and I get a place of our own!"

Fitz raised his eyebrows at Keefe and Keefe sighed.
"Fitz, I just...I don't know." Keefe said.
"My dad is...well he's, I guess, okay with me liking boys it's just that...he doesn't like that I'm dating Tam." 
Fitz hummed, quietly  listening to Keefe.
Keefe sighed. "Obviously, Tam is seen as an outcast from society and that's what annoys my dad about us dating."

"Maybe you just need to have a proper conversation." Fitz said.
"We did talk and that resulted in-" Keefe began.
"Talk in a safe place, nothing that could hurt the other. Include Tam as well." Fitz suggested.
"I just think it's better you talk to your dad, make up, and then just in case you and Tam break up, it's not awkward because you share a room with him and a home."
Keefe bit his lower lip and Fitz noticed how Keefe seemed unsure about this.
"Just...think about it, Keefe." Fitz said, ruffling Keefe's hair.
Keefe grumbled as he began to fix his now ruined hair.

Keefe didn't like how what Fitz said was totally logical. Of course, he was in no rush to talk to his dad so maybe he'd try to set something up in a week or so. He also needed to talk to Tam about this...

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 626

A/N: tbh, not sure how I feel about this chapter, or the last bit there with Keefe and Fitz. My friend read it over for me, just to give feedback and stuff, and she didn't seem to like Fitz telling Keefe to talk to his dad so yeahh... 🤷‍♀️
Anyways, there'll be a little more FeDex moments in this fic as well so look forward to that :D