Chapter 15

Fitz grumbled, rubbing his eyes as he and Keefe approached Tam's locker.
"God, I hate coming in here so early..." Fitz yawned.
"Oh shush, you look adorable when you're sleepy." Keefe grinned at Fitz.
Fitz snickered and rolled his eyes.
"Ugh, shut up." Fitz said, punching Keefe's shoulder.

"You didn't have to come with me." Keefe said, looking at Fitz.
"Nah, I don't mind. Plus gives me extra time to do some studying, get some help from the mentors." Fitz said.

Keefe smiled as he grabbed the envelope from his bag as he and Fitz made it to Tam's locker.
Keefe stopped as he looked at Tam's locker, seeing a piece of paper taped on it.
" Oh? "Fitz raised his eyebrows.
" 'To my Secret Admirer' "
Keefe gulped as he snatched the letter.
He unfolded the paper and quietly read through it.
Fitz watched Keefe read it, leaning against the lockers.

'To my Secret Admirer,
                                          Uh, hi. I don't know how to start this off but I decided to write something to you. Hopefully no asshole takes it off my locker and reads it then chucks it away.

Anyways, if this is you, I wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of these letters. I really do. I like reading them, whenever I see an envelope, I swear my heart flutters.

I'm fine with waiting to know who you are. Thank you for all the gifts and the drawing. I can't wait to see more drawings or for any other gift. I can see you care about me, you really pay attention to a lot of little details and well... I'm a little surprised.

It does make me wonder who you are and I do want to try and figure it out. So, maybe in your next letter you could give me a hint? I won't try and like talk to the other students and see if they're the one. I just... wanna see if I can guess who you are correctly.
If you've already written me a letter, then slip it in my locker and just maybe write an extra note letting me know you got my letter?

Thanks, uhm... I look forward to reading your next letter.

~ Tam <3'

Keefe bit his lower lip as he fiddled with the letter.
Fitz looked at Keefe.
"... So?" Fitz questioned.
"What?" Keefe asked, looking at Fitz.
"You gonna start giving him hints?" Fitz asked, raising an eyebrow.
Keefe shrugged and sighed.
"We'll see." Keefe said.

Keefe shoved the letter from Tam into his bag and he placed the letter he wrote into Tam's locker.
Keefe also grabbed a bit of paper he had in his bag and a pen, quickly writing a little note against the locker before slipping that in too.

"Still in denial about your feelings-?" Fitz began.
"I am not in denial!" Keefe scowled.
Fitz sighed.
"Whatever you say." Fitz said as he and Keefe began to walk away from Tam's locker.

*****

Tam had opened his locker.
He was by himself this time, Biana and Linh had came to school a little earlier together so Tam just had to grab his books and check for any letters.

Tam looked inside and he seen an envelope again and an extra note.
Tam grabbed the small note first and read it.
'Seen your letter, I'll respond to it tomorrow. Sweet of you to write back to me. xx'
Tam couldn't help but smile, especially at the kisses at the end of the note.
Tam then opened up the envelope and  got the letter out.
He began to read it.

'Dear Tam,
                    I wasn't going to write you a letter originally but hey, I went out to a field and found these flowers, Starkflowers. They contain a lot of shadowvapor soo, I kinda thought of you.
I'm sure you could remove the shadowvapor from it, seeing you're a shade and all. It'll turn white I'm pretty sure.

Hope you like this.

~Your Secret
Admirer'

Tam bit his lower lip as he glanced into the envelope and seen a few of the Starkflowers in there. It was black and looked shriveled, as if they were dead. But Tam could sense the shadowvapor in the flowers.

Tam placed the letter back into the envelope and placed it back into his bag. He got his books and put them in his bag too.

"Awh, where's my favourite Song twin?"
Tam looked over to see Keefe walking over to him.
Tam rolled his eyes as he shut his locker.
"If you're talking about Linh, she and Biana came to school a little earlier than I did." Tam said, leaning against the lockers.

Keefe frowned. "Awh, looks like I'm stuck with you then."
Tam smiled and shook his head.
"You don't have to be stuck with me. Where's Fitz?" Tam asked.
Keefe shrugged as he took a step closer to Tam.
"Meh, he's talking to some mentors, getting extra help for his subjects. About mid-terms." Keefe said.

"And you aren't worried about mid-terms?" Tam asked.
"Nah." Keefe shook his head.
"I'll be fine."
Tam sighed out.
"Awh, are you worrying about me~?" Keefe questioned, leaning in closer to Tam.
Tam scoffed as he gently shoved Keefe away.
"You wish, Sencen." Tam said.
Keefe grinned.

"What do you have first?" Keefe asked.
"Uh... Alchemy." Tam said.
"Oof, hate Alchemy." Keefe said.
"Really? I'd imagine you like blowing stuff up." Tam stated as he went ahead and began to walk to class.
Keefe quickly walked alongside Tam.
"Well, that gets me detention and detention sucks." Keefe shrugged.
Tam rolled his eyes. "Ah, of course."

Keefe wrapped his arm around Tam's shoulder.
"Why are you so touchy all the time?" Tam questioned, looking up at the blonde.
"Let's me know how you feel." Keefe grinned.
Tam glared at Keefe.
"Oof, I can feel you're... annoyed? Which is strange since, well I'm not an annoying person!"
Tam smiled, looking away.

"I'm a little surprised you haven't asked about my secret admirer again." Tam said.
Keefe blinked.
"Oh! Right, I forgot. Uh, how is that going?" Keefe asked, ruffling his hair with his other hand.
Tam bit his lower lip.
"Good, yeah." Tam said, nodding.
Keefe furrowed his eyebrows.

"Something's bothering you." Keefe said.
"What's up?"
Tam scoffed, "Nothing is bothering-"
"I am an empath, Tammy boy!" Keefe exclaimed.
"I can tell something is up, what is it?"
Tam grumbled.
"Stupid empaths..."Tam mumbled.
Keefe rolled his eyes, smiling.

" Alright, fine. Uhh... "Tam shrugged.
"I just feel a little strange with this secret admirer. Like, I like them but I know nothing about them while they seem to know or notice a lot about me."
Keefe bit his inner cheek.
"Oh."
Tam hummed.
"Yeah..." Tam sighed out.

The two came to a stop.
"Uh, this is my class." Tam said, pointing to the door to their left.
Keefe smiled as he took his arm away from Tam.
"Yeah, uh... well I hope things go well with you and your secret admirer." Keefe said.

"Yeah, uh see you at lunch?" Tam questioned, walking backwards.
"Yeah, if I don't get caught ditching!" Keefe exclaimed, winking at Tam.
Tam rolled his eyes.
"Go to class, Sencen!" Tam exclaimed, entering his classroom.
Keefe smiled and he shoved his hands into his pockets as he began to walk the other way.

Maybe he should go to class. He had History first again and even though that is boring, he couldn't bother Elwin again.
Plus, Keefe kinda wanted to bother Fitz during the class.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1263