Chapter 8

Keefe groaned as he stared up at the ceiling.
Keefe looked over and seen Mrs. Stinkbottom on his bed, laying next to him. Keefe sighed as he grabbed the green gulon and held it up so he could look at her in the eyes.

"What do I do for Tam, huh?" Keefe questioned, looking at the inanimate object.
Of course, Mrs. Stinkbottom didn't respond. Because if she did, then Keefe would be going crazy and who'd want to go crazy?
Keefe pouted at the plush and grumbled.
"Why do I even bother?" Keefe scowled, throwing the plush next to him on the bed.

Keefe stared back up at the ceiling, fiddling with his fingers, deep in thought.
It had been days since he had written something to Tam.
He'd been stuck. He didn't know what to write or what sort of gift he could give to Tam.

Perhaps he could give Tam some Mood Candy but... everyone knows Keefe owns that candy. He gives it as a gift for midterms and finals, it'd be obvious.
There wasn't many non-sweet treats he could make for Tam.

Keefe grumbled.
He hadn't even seen Tam in the past few days. Apparently he may have gotten sick as Linh accidentally splashed water all over Tam during one of their classes and he didn't have any spare clothes to get changed into, so he was soaking wet all day.

Maybe he could make some sort of soup for Tam.
But would he be able to give it to Tam at where he and Linh lived? Even if he could, what if they catch him?

A sudden thought appeared in Keefe's mind and he grinned as he sat up.
He quickly searched for his imparter and held it in front of him.
"Show me Biana Vacker." Keefe said, looking at his imparter.
A few seconds passed before Biana connected and Keefe seen how disheveled her hair looked.

"Oof... hey Biana..." Keefe said, hesitantly.
Biana grumbled in response, "Hi."
"Gonna tell me what happen-?" Keefe began.
"What do you want Keefe?" Biana scowled.
"Ooh, okay. Touchy subject." Keefe said, looking away.

"Sorry, it's just... I offered Dex to like experiment with one of his new piece of technology and he just left. It definitely needs some adjustments." Biana sighed out.
"I think he was distracted by something. He didn't even notice I was being attacked!"
Keefe hummed.
Biana sighed.

"It's fine. Uh, what do you want?" Biana asked.
"Oh! Uh, so Tam is like sick, right?" Keefe asked.
"... Yeah, Linh told me he got sick like 3 days ago. Doesn't seem to be getting any better though..." Biana said, frowning a little.
"He's been a sneezing mess."

"Right! Well I was wondering if you could help me make soup for him! And I could write him another letter and... you could use your ability and place the soup and letter outside their door??" Keefe smiled at Biana.
Biana raised her eyebrows.
"I-"Biana began.
" If you say anything about you being convinced I'm falling for Bangs Boy, do not say it because I am not. "Keefe scowled.
"His secret admirer would care, wouldn't they?"

Biana sighed.
"Mmh, sure. Uh, come over in like half an hour. I need to get stuff prepared and let my parents and Fitz know you'll come over again." Biana said.
"Cool! You're the best Biana!" Keefe grinned.
"Yeah, I know." Biana sighed.
"See you soon Keefe."
"See you Biana!" Keefe exclaimed.
The image of Biana had disappeared.

Keefe smiled to himself as he grabbed himself a bag and began to pack some things in it. To write a letter for Tam and to be able to light-leap to Solreef to place the things there.
This was such a good plan.

*****

There was a loud knock at the door of the home and Tam grumbled as he opened his eyes.
"Hey, relax." Linh said softly to Tam, who's nose was extremely red and who's eye bags was very visible.
"I'll go see who it is."
"Can't Tiergan get it?" Tam whined.
"He and Wylie are away, remember? They're shopping for supplies to make sure you feel better soon." Linh stated.
Linh gently rubbed Tam's shoulder.

"I'll be back in a second."
Linh had disappeared from the room and Tam grumbled, pulling the covers up and held it tight, rolling over on his side.
He was exhausted. He felt as though death was at his door.

Linh made it to the front door and she opened it.
" Hello-? "Linh began.
Linh looked around and frowned as she hadn't seen anyone.
" Huh... "
Linh then looked down and seen a tub of soup with a letter on top of it, with Tam's name on it.
Linh raised her eyebrows, smiling as she crouched down to pick up the soup and letter.

Linh had took one last glance around and hadn't seen anyone. She entered the home again and shut the door behind her.
She made her way back to the room where Tam was suffering in.

"Hey, here's a letter for you. I think your secret admirer came by and made soup so I'm gonna heat it up, okay?" Linh questioned.
Tam sat up as Linh handed him a pink envelope with his name on it.
"Huh? Okay." Tam said.
Linh walked off with the soup, heading to the kitchen to heat it up.

Tam gently opened the envelope and took out the letter. As he sniffled, he smelled a very fruity perfume. It smelt of... grapefruit.
Tam gulped as he quietly began to read the letter.

'Dear Tam,
                    I heard you got sick a couple days ago. I made you soup, I tried my best to make it. I don't really make soup often. I did some research and made sure that this soup would at least make you feel a little better.

Come back to Foxfire soon, huh? Kinda miss seeing your face around. Sucks I can't see you reading my letter again too. Bet you're smiling, right??

Seriously, if the soup doesn't make you feel better and I don't see you in on Monday, then I will grab some medicine from Elwin. Maybe I should give you tips on how to get better soon too...
Hope Linh is taking good care of you.

Get well soon.

~ Your Secret
Admirer   '

Tam smiled as he read through the letter.
Tam gently placed the letter back into the envelope and set it on the bedside table.

The smell of the letter was strange. Had his secret admirer sprayed perfume or something on it? If so, they had a nice perfume. The smell was really refreshing.

Tam sort of felt excited to get back to Foxfire.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1124