Chapter 42

Keefe was sitting in Magnate Leto's office, fiddling with his cape.
Cassius was sitting beside Keefe as they were waiting for Magnate Leto to come into the office.
Keefe's nerves were everywhere, he could even feel the nervousness from his father.
Magnate Leto was going to let Keefe know whether or not he would be able to take his Elite levels. 
Tam wanted to come with and hear the news with him, but Keefe managed to convince Tam that it may be a bad idea, especially with his father there. Keefe told Tam that he'd hail him as soon as he could about the results.

Fitz was just in before Keefe, and when he came out with his parents and Biana, they seemed pleased. Fitz had wished Keefe luck before he went in as well, Biana did too.
Keefe didn't doubt Fitz would've been able to take his Elite levels, I mean he was a high achiever and took his studies much more seriously than Keefe ever did.

"Ah, sorry to keep you waiting. I was just double checking I had the right results." Magnate Leto stated as he entered the office with Keefe's exam in his hands.
Keefe gulped as he held his breath while Magnate Leto went over to his desk and sat down.
"It's not a problem." Cassius said, shuffling in his seat and straightening his back as he sat up.
Magnate Leto had a neutral expression on his face which did not calm any of Keefe's worries.
"So, as you know Lord Cassius, your son has...an interesting record." Magnate Leto said.
"He tends to ditch his classes, be late and his finals he has barely passed."
Cassius cleared his throat as he glanced at Keefe. Keefe lowered in his seat, feeling embarrassed and sort of ashamed.
"Yes...I'm aware of all this." Cassius stated, looking at Magnate Leto.
"How is all this relevant towards my son's score on his exam?"
Magnate Leto looked at Keefe and Keefe tensed up.

"If Keefe wants to be able to pass mid-terms and finals for his Elite levels, then he needs to stop ditching classes so much." Magnate Leto said with a smile as he placed Keefe's exam on the table for Keefe and Cassius to see.
Keefe blinked in surprise as he looked at his exam paper.
"I passed?!" Keefe exclaimed.
"I get to do my Elite levels?!"
Cassius raised his eyebrows as he took the exam papers in hand and glanced at it.
"This is...higher of a score than I expected." Cassius stated, placing the paper down.
"It seems your son has been studying hard for this exam." Magnate Leto said.
He smiled at Keefe.
"I'm glad you took my advice into consideration, Keefe."

Keefe looked at Magnate Leto.
"Well, I had a lot of people who wanted me to pass." Keefe stated.
"And one very important person I didn't want to disappoint."
Magnate Leto raised his eyebrows and glanced at Cassius.
Keefe noticed how Magnate Leto glanced at his father.
"Uh no, not my dad." Keefe said.
Cassius scoffed out.
"Don't tell me it was Tam Song-" Cassius began.
"Well of course it was Tam Song!"  Keefe exclaimed, looking at his father.
"C'mon, you know how important he is to me!"
Keefe nudged his father in the arm with his elbow and Cassius sighed as he stood up from his chair.

"Thank you Magnate Leto, I am pleased to hear my son will be able to take his Elite levels." Cassius said, smiling politely at Magnate Leto.
Magnate Leto smiled back as he stood up, taking Keefe's exam papers in hand again.
"Yes, well I hope he will take his studies more seriously, and that he will not be late to his classes in the Golden Tower and will not waste his time walking Tam to his classes." Magnate Leto stated, looking at Keefe.
Keefe grumbled as he got up.
"But-" Keefe began.
"It was a pleasure seeing you both, and I will see you at the start of the new school year Keefe." Magnate Leto said, indicating for Keefe to leave along with his father.
Cassius placed his hand on Keefe's shoulder, slightly dragging his son out of the office with him.

"I'm quite impressed, Keefe-" Cassius began.
"I don't want to hear your approval." Keefe scolded as he shrugged Cassius' hand off from his shoulder.
"I'm going to go to Everglen, Fitz invited me over and Alden and Della want to celebrate how he probably got into his Elite levels."
Keefe dug out his crystal for Everglen and before Cassius could speak or argue, Keefe held the crystal up, cleared his mind and light-leapt away.
Cassius watched as his son light-leapt away and he let out a sigh.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 747