Chapter 44

Tam looked over to see Keefe come into the room with two plates which both had a slice of cake on it.
"Cake? Where'd you get that?"Tam asked as Keefe went over to him.
Keefe sat down next to Tam on his bed as he handed Tam a plate.
"Apparently my dad bought a cake to...celebrate me getting into my Elite levels." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"Are we sure that's Cassius in the house? Like the real Cassius?" Tam questioned.
Keefe rolled his eyes.
"I know, it's weird." Keefe said as he looked at his plate with a slice of cake.
"You don't have to eat it, he just gave me another plate when I mentioned you were over." 
Tam looked at his own slice and he hummed quietly.

"Any reason he seems to be acting...more civil with us?" Tam asked.
"Maybe me ditching him once I got the news I passed my exam made him realize that he needs to actually show me a bit more...fatherly love." Keefe shrugged.
Tam nodded as Keefe took the fork from his plate and began to eat his slice of cake.
Tam looked at his cake and he delicately picked up the fork, slowly digging into it as well.
As soon as Tam took a bite, he stuck out his tongue and his face scrunched up as he set the fork and plate aside.
"Eugh, that is too sweet for my taste." Tam said, nearly gagging.

"Please don't throw up." Keefe pleaded, looking at Tam.
"And if you do, do not throw up on my lap again."
Tam blinked and his cheeks warmed up from embarrassment as he realized he forgot when he had thrown up all over Keefe.
"...Oh Keefe, now I'm gonna stay up all night reliving that horror!" Tam whined, leaning back and hiding his face in his hands.
Keefe laughed as he continued to eat his slice of cake.
"Haha! I'm sorry, my love." Keefe stated.
Tam took his hands away from his face and he sighed as he continued to lay back on Keefe's bed, watching Keefe finish eating his sweet treat.

"Soo...what was with the whole mood change with Sophie earlier?" Tam asked.
Keefe froze for a moment but he sighed out as he leaned over Tam to grab the other plate and he placed it on top of his now empty plate. Keefe then got up and placed the plates on top of his dressers.
"She simply brought up that it's been over a year since she...made things sort of messy for us and apologised and was confused why sometimes I get awkward and why you get annoyed with her easily." Keefe shrugged.
Tam raised his eyebrows as Keefe laid down next to him on the bed.
"Right..." Tam said.
"And so...I kinda brought up how she can't expect forgiveness so easily or quickly especially since..." Keefe trailed off.
Keefe gulped as he fiddled with his own hands.
"Since you haven't fully forgiven me for that stupid prank."

Keefe didn't meet Tam's eyes. Tam frowned and let out a sigh.
"Keefe-" Tam began.
"I know that it sometimes can make you overthink stuff about our relationship and-" Keefe attempted to ramble.
"Keefe." Tam said.
Keefe looked at Tam and Tam laid down on his side, facing the blonde. Keefe laid on his side to face Tam. Tam brought his hand up to Keefe's hair and ran his fingers through his soft locks of hair. Keefe stared into Tam's eyes, he could see the love and admiration in them, the way Tam typically looks at him.

"I only get like that if my anxiety gets really bad..." Tam said softly.
"And my nightmares are sometimes so realistic, it scares me and I just need to talk to you about them so you can tell me it's all okay."
Tam sighed out.
"It's obvious, I have a few issues from that...prank but Keefe, you make up for it every day that we're together." Tam stated.
Keefe felt a small smile grow on his face and he gently took Tam's hand, tilting his head to kiss the palm of it. Tam smiled as Keefe held his palm to his lips.
"You're incredibly loving, Keefe." Tam whispered as he leaned in.
Keefe looked at Tam and took his palm away from his lips, now just holding onto Tam's hand.
"Mmh...so I am forgiven for that shitty prank?" Keefe asked.
"You're forgiven. I forgave you a little while ago." Tam said, resting his forehead against Keefe's.
Keefe smiled as he let out a sigh of relief.

Tam smiled at Keefe.
"And see? When you get worried like this about me and my feelings, I know that there is no way that you could be still messing with my feelings." Tam stated.
Keefe looked at Tam.
"Mmh, thanks Tam." Keefe said softly.
Tam gently pecked Keefe's lips.
"Eh, just being a great boyfriend." Tam shrugged.
Keefe laughed as he squeezed Tam's hand.
"Yeah...you are..." Keefe whispered quietly.

Tam truly was a great boyfriend and Keefe loved him dearly.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 800