Chapter 50

Tam groaned as he flopped onto his back on Keefe's bed.
"Ugh, it was so weird without you there." Tam said as Keefe was adjusting the collar of his shirt and making sure he looked appropriate.
"Yeah?" Keefe questioned, glancing back at Tam, who was still in his Level Eight Foxfire uniform.
Tam sat up as he looked at Keefe who was all over the place, getting ready for work.

"...You're seriously gonna work with Kesler as an alchemist?" Tam asked.
"For a little while." Keefe shrugged.
"I wanna become a Mentor, I think."
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"A Mentor? You have to like...teach stuff though." Tam said.
Keefe looked back at Tam and smiled.
"Yeah, well...I can teach kids on how to do awesome pranks!" Keefe exclaimed, with a smile on his face.
Tam blinked and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"...Ugh, we're so old." Tam said.
"I mean, we're like...proper adults now. You have a job and it's my last year at Foxfire." 
Keefe raised his eyebrows.
"Tam, we elves live for like...hundreds and hundreds of years." Keefe said.
"We're not that old."
Keefe went over to Tam and sat down on the bed.
"Plus, I'm still living here at the Shores of Solace, and you're still living at Solreef. We'll be proper adults when we have our own place together." 

Tam looked at Keefe.
"Who said I'd live with you?" Tam asked, smiling at Keefe.
"Mmh, I did." Keefe smiled at Tam.
"You're an idiot." Tam said.
"Yeah, I know. You tell me that all the time." Keefe leaned in, talking softly towards Tam.
Tam expected Keefe to kiss him before he pulled away as he got up from his bed.

"I need to go to work, I'll be late." Keefe said, grabbing a crystal from his bedside drawer.
Tam frowned.
"When will you be back home?" Tam asked.
"Uh...6/7pm? Kesler will lock up at 8, since he doesn't trust me." Keefe said.
"I'll hail you and we can talk for as long as you want."
Keefe went over to Tam and quickly kissed his forehead.
"We have the weekends together, just remember that."
Tam managed a weak smile on his face as he looked at Keefe. Keefe smiled at him.

"Have fun, don't blow anything up on your first day." Tam said.
"Hah, I'll try." Keefe said.
Keefe held the crystal up and he light-leapt away. Tam watched as Keefe light-leaped and he let out a sigh.
Tam glanced at Mrs Stinkbottom on the bed and he frowned.
He didn't realize that he would have so much less time with his boyfriend now that Keefe was out of school and that Tam was in his last year of school.

Tam hoped that he'd be able to talk to Keefe for a few hours after his shift. But now, Tam just had to go home and...well, do something until then.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 448