Chapter 22

"I don't understand why I'm blindfolded and why you robbed me of my crystals." Tam said as Linh was leading him, well... somewhere.
"It's just important for you to be blindfolded. This is a surprise. Just, keep it on until I tell you to take it off." Linh said.

Linh glanced at Biana and Dex who were waiting outside of the extra room. The lock was already installed by Dex, all he had to do was shut and actually lock it for it to work.
"Just, take a few steps forwards here." Linh said, gently shoving Tam forward.
Linh let go of Tam as Tam took a few small steps forward.

Linh backed away.
"Alright and... now!" Linh exclaimed.
The door swung shut and Tam yelped as he instantly took off his blindfold.
Tam heard a lock and his anxiety rose as he turned around at the closed and now locked door.
"Linh! What the hell?!" Tam scowled.

"You guys have food and drinks in there! Take as long as you need to talk! The door will unlock once you've made up!" Linh called.
Tam banged his hands against the door.
"What? Linh what are you on about-?!"

Tam heard someone clearing his throat and he turned around to see Keefe sitting on the bed.
Keefe stared at Tam, fiddling with his hands as Tam scoffed.
"Oh fuck no-" Tam began.
"Linh-!"
"Nope! I'm not dealing with your depressed ass anymore!" Linh exclaimed.
"Talk to Keefe!" Biana called.

Tam huffed as he looked at Keefe who was fiddling with the covers of the bed.
"I didn't know they were gonna do this-" Keefe began.
"I told you I didn't want to talk to you." Tam scowled.
Keefe hummed in response.

"Uh, snacks are in that bag and there's extra clothes for us in the drawers." Keefe said, pointing towards the bag of snacks that was by the end of the bed.
Tam stayed silent as he sat down on the ground, in front of the door.
Keefe looked at Tam.

"It was a shitty prank-" Keefe began.
"I don't want to talk." Tam repeated.
Tam didn't look at Keefe. He kept his eyes on the ground.
"You don't want to talk but I do." Keefe snapped, getting up from the bed.
"And just look at me, please Tam?"
Keefe went over and sat down in front of Tam. Tam looked away, not wanting to look at Keefe.

Keefe frowned and sighed, running his hands through his hair.
"Tam, C'mon. Hear me out." Keefe said.
Keefe reached his hand for Tam's.
Tam nearly pulled his hand away before he let Keefe hold onto his hand.
Tam glanced at Keefe and Keefe stared down at Tam. Keefe frowned as he seen how the bags under Tam's eyes have grew darker.

Keefe gently squeezed Tam's hand.
"You gonna listen?" Keefe questioned.
Tam didn't respond verbally, but he shook his head.
Keefe raised his eyebrows.
"So... you'll let me hold your hand but you won't listen to me?" Keefe clarified.
"I can let go of your hand at any moment." Tam stated, looking at their hands.

"Okay..." Keefe said.
"Do we have to sit on the floor? It's sort of uncomfortable."
"Either stay on the floor with me or sit on the bed yourself." Tam shrugged.
Keefe stared at Tam who had a slightly smug look on his face.
"... Guess I'll be uncomfortable." Keefe said, interlocking their fingers together.
Tam felt a small smile grow on his face and looked down at their hands still avoiding Keefe's gaze.
Keefe looked at Tam and seen a small smile on his face. Keefe's heart fluttered and smiled himself. Oh god, he missed seeing Tam's smile.

From on the other side of the door, Fitz, Dex, Biana and Linh were all stood out there.
"... So... what do we do now?" Fitz asked.
Biana sighed.
"I guess Linh and I will stick nearby in case of anything." Biana said.

"You and Dex can go off and do something."
Dex and Fitz glanced at each other.
"Mmh, okay." Fitz shrugged.
"C'mon Dex."
Fitz went ahead and walked off, heading towards his room. Dex followed behind a little reluctantly.