Chapter 19

Everyone was around their lockers and thinking caps, getting their gifts out and celebrating that mid-terms were over.

Tam grumbled as he and Linh were making their way to their lockers.
Fitz and Biana were walking behind the twins.
"Why don't you guys go look at your gifts first?" Linh questioned the Vacker siblings, glancing back at them.
"Eh, it'll be filled with crush cuffs." Fitz shrugged.
"Yeah, we'll search through our caps with actual original gifts later. I wanna see your reactions to our gifts as well!" Biana exclaimed.

"Yeah well I kinda wanna find that note from my secret admirer and then go and meet them." Tam stated.
"Oh right!" Linh gasped.
"Ah, you get to meet him! Are you excited?"
The twins got to their lockers. Linh's thinking cap was full, nearly overflowing while Tam's thinking cap was like... half-full.

Tam stared at his thinking cap.
"Mostly nervous." Tam said.
"Oh C'mon Tam, at least look for our gifts first!" Biana exclaimed.
Tam looked at Biana and Fitz.
"... Mmh, fine." Tam mumbled.
Linh dug through her cap and grabbed a small object.
"Oh, edible lip gloss?"Linh raised her eyebrows.
"From me!" Biana exclaimed.
Linh smiled at Biana. "Thanks, I love it."

Tam dug through his thinking cap and got out a small satchel of some candy...
"Oh Mood Candy, Keefe usually gives them out-" Fitz began.
"'I'll meet you in the library. Nearby the romance section ~Your Secret Admirer'." Tam read out from the note attached to the mood candy.
Silence overcame the four.

Tam looked at Fitz.
"Keefe... usually gives these out?" Tam questioned.
Fitz blinked.
"... Actually now that I think about it-" Fitz began.
"He does." Biana said.
"Uh, you can get to him in a sec though, right? I wanna see if you can guess what my gift is to you!"

Tam held the satchel close to him and he smiled at Biana.
"Okay, okay. I'll go up in a minute." Tam said, looking through his cap.
"Uh... oh. Some cologne."
Tam pulled out a bottle of cologne and he inspected the bottle for the scent but couldn't find it.
"... What is this? "
Tam glanced at Biana.
" Uh, I made it! I used some flower petals, lavender and mint! It smells nice! "Biana smiled.
Tam hummed in response.

Fitz stared at Tam, who was fiddling with the mood candy in his hand.
".... Tam, just go. "Fitz sighed out.
" We don't want to keep Keefe waiting, huh? "
Tam looked at Fitz.
" Are you sure-? "Tam began.
" Go. You can look at your other gifts later. "Fitz smiled.
"Keefe is probably anxious right now as well, and we don't want our Empath to have an emotional breakdown again, do we?"

Tam placed the cologne back into the thinking cap.
"Mmh! I'll be back! Like 20 minutes max!" Tam exclaimed, already running off towards the direction of the library.
"Good luck!" Linh called to her brother.
"Yeah! Good luck Tam!" Biana called out to the male.

Biana, Linh and Fitz all looked at each other.
"So you knew it was Keefe this entire time?" Linh questioned, raising an eyebrow, specifically at Biana.
"Uh..." Biana grinned nervously.
"God, it's a long story Linh." Fitz sighed.
"Uh, look at my gift. I actually tried to get you something you'd like. Biana had to help me a little though."
"Oh! Okay." Linh said, instantly digging through her thinking cap for Fitz's gift.

~~~~~

Keefe was pacing back and forth nearby the romance section of the library.
Okay, he could've picked another section but Keefe didn't know which section would be good to... well, reveal his identity to Tam.

Keefe kept fiddling with his cape and just looking around every now and then.
He was there for 10 minutes now. He wasn't sure when Tam would show up. He was nervous.

Keefe took a deep breath as he stood still. He shut his eyes and kept breathing in and out to calm his nerves. His emotions were all over the place.
"Keefe?"
Keefe opened his eyes and looked behind him. Keefe stared at the blonde female stood before him.
"Sophie, uh I'm kinda waiting for someone else-?" Keefe began.
Sophie scoffed as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Keefe, if you're telling Tam you've been writing letters to him, don't." Sophie said.
"He's gonna be heartbroken when he finds out that you sent him those letters as a prank at first. I mean, if I knew you did it as a joke, I'd hate you forever."
Keefe stared at Sophie and he scoffed.
"First of all, this is none of your business. Why are you involving yourself in this?" Keefe questioned.
"Second of all, I'm not telling him it started out as a joke, because I know it's gonna be horrible to hear! The only thing that matters right now is that I actually have feelings for him and that-"

Keefe seen a small smile on Sophie's face and he furrowed his eyebrows as her gaze averted to the floor.
" What're you smiling about-? "Keefe began.
Keefe then felt a wave of emotions radiate from behind him and he turned around.

Tam was fiddling with the satchel of mood candies and the note, looking away.
" Woah, no, Tam-"Keefe began, approaching Tam.
Keefe was about to rest his hands on Tam's shoulder before Tam slapped his hands away.
Tam looked up at Keefe and Keefe froze when he seen both hatred and heartbreak in Tam's pale blue eyes.
Tam's eyes were watering.

" Fuck you." Tam scowled.
Tam dropped the satchel of mood candies but Keefe quickly caught them in his hands.
"No, Tam wait-!" Keefe began.
Keefe grabbed onto Tam's hand as he attempted to storm off.
Keefe held onto Tam's hand tighter and squeezed it.
"Tam, just give me a second to explain-"

"I'm such a fucking fool to think that you'd actually like me." Tam said, cutting Keefe off.
Tam wasn't looking at Keefe. Keefe could feel the anger coming from Tam. He could feel the pain coming from Tam as he held his hand.
"I do-" Keefe attempted to speak.

"You don't write fake love letters to someone and then pretend it's all okay." Tam snapped, glancing back and glaring at Keefe.
"Just- god, just don't talk to me anymore Sencen."
Tam escaped Keefe's grasp and he stormed off.
Keefe felt his heart sink, he gulp and felt his eyes water as he watched Tam walk away.

"Awh noo... I didn't mean for him to overhear you-" Sophie began.
"Don't you start!" Keefe snapped, facing Sophie once again.
"I do not like you, I will not be with you especially after this. Just get over it."
Keefe glared at Sophie as Sophie stared at him.

Sophie took a deep breath.
"Y'know, seeing you in as much pain as I was when I found out you didn't like me, it makes me feel a whole lot better." Sophie said.
Keefe watched as Sophie walked past him.
"Good luck with your new situation with Tam."

Keefe gulped and took a deep breath. He opened the satchel of mood candy and grabbed one, popping it into his mouth and eating it.
His face scrunched up as it tasted both spicy and sour.
Keefe faced the bookshelf and he banged his head against it a few times before he grabbed a random book and threw it against the ground in a fit of rage.

Keefe then slid down onto the ground, resting his back against the bookshelf and staring at the ground as he chewed the horrible candy.
He stared at the book he threw on the ground as it was opened up at a random page. Keefe reached over and slid it over, looking at the words written on it. Keefe fiddled with the page as he read it.

You'd expect the page would help him with what had happened, like it would happen in the movies or in books. It had nothing. It was a sappy page between a girl and a boy and something about their love.
Nothing that would help Keefe in this moment.

Keefe hated himself so much in this moment.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1367